Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what next, Boy (11) sues mum for not buying him PC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what next, Boy (11) sues mum for not buying him PC!

An 11 year-old in Xingzheng, Henan province has taken his mother to court for refusing to give him a PC.

The schoolboy's mother promised him a computer if he got more than 94 per cent for his school work. He got 97 per cent: but his mother refused to fulfil her side of the bargain. Her excuse? Lack of money.

The boy then took his mother to court in an effort to make her honour the verbal agreement. The judge reconciled the pair at the hearing,

OUCH, either she lied to the child or NEVER expected the grades to rise......smart-@ss kids nowadays
    Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

scary, I wont let my wee cousin see that it would give him ideas...!

Comment

I'm speechless. How did it end, now? He reconciled them.. so, they aren't mad at one another anymore, but does he get his PC? How poor is the family? Could she really not afford a PC?

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Shouldn't have ever got to court. Stupid waste of time.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Um.. yeah. Couldn't afford a PC but the could pay a lawyer to go to court.

Comment

Maybe they went without a lawyer?
              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by rylan
                Um.. yeah. Couldn't afford a PC but the could pay a lawyer to go to court.
                Small claims court?
                Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Maybe lawyers over there are not as expensive as they are with you?
                  Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                  [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

First off, without diving into the actually "problem", I think that the kid should show a little respect towards his parents. I mean, who in their right mind would sue their own mother cause they didn't get want they wanted? He sounds like a whiny spoiled little brat that gets good grades. And as for his mother, if she didn't have enough cash to seal her end of the deal than she shouldn't make promises she can't keep. Not to mention the big waste of time and money this all caused.

This whole story is retarded.
                    Titanium is the new bling!
                    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                      First off, without diving into the actually "problem", I think that the kid should show a little respect towards his parents. I mean, who in their right mind would sue their own mother cause they didn't get want they wanted? He sounds like a whiny spoiled little brat that gets good grades. And as for his mother, if she didn't have enough cash to seal her end of the deal than she shouldn't make promises she can't keep. Not to mention the big waste of time and money this all caused.

This whole story is retarded.
                      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

That's tru Zokes, but in this case I believe it was his foster perants who promised him the PC, i.e the foster mother.

At any rate, he should'nt have sued and should still respect his foster perants regardless as they are taking care of him spending all this money on food and clothing and shelter.

if my kids did this to me, I would hang them by their collective balls

Ok, just kidding but a punishment of some kind will be in order
                        Last edited by Elie; 10 November 2004, 22:48.

Comment

Should be put over the knee and spanked.
                          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Mordrid, your kids have collective balls? Doesn't that... you know, get in the way sometimes?

AZ
                            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az
                              Mordrid, your kids have collective balls? Doesn't that... you know, get in the way sometimes?

AZ
                              Pay attention.

Either Elie and Doc need to get more original avatars or people should stop going by them.

Comment

Working...
                              X