Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro released!

Sound Blaster® Audigy® 4 Pro is an amazing fusion of Entertainment and Music Creation. Featuring ultra-high quality DACs and an External I/O Hub which provides 6 Stereo Inputs/6 Stereo Outputs, Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro enables amazingly clean recording of six channels at 24-bit/96kHz with low latency ASIO 2.0 support. Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro also comes with the all new Entertainment Center software and remote control unit, transforming your PC into a Entertainment Center with easy MP3 and movies playback and navigation.

No headphone amp.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

So what happened to Audigy 3

Also how are their drivers these days? I've still got an Audigy 1 hanging around unused...
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Yeah, what did happen to 3?

The Audigy 2 driver have been considered stable, afaik. I've been using the A2 drivers on my A1 without any problems for a well over a year (gives the A1 some sonic improvement, too). If the A4 drivers are true improvements on the A2 drivers, then I would think they would be pretty good.

ASIO support ... once you've used ASIO, there's not going back to DirectSound

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

As for the headphone amp issue, I have an old Audigy 1 Pro (5.25" bay extension job). All of the Pro line has a dedicated 1/4" (8 mm) headphone plug, which has always been able to push my Sennheiser's just fine. Whether it has true headphone amp circuitry, or just has enough power to push high impedance hedphones I don't know. Just know it's always worked fine for me.

Jammrock

Comment

problem with creative cards is that they resample internally to 48 Khz, ASIO or no ASIO.

I would be surprised if this isn't the case as well with the Audigy4

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
              As for the headphone amp issue, I have an old Audigy 1 Pro (5.25" bay extension job). All of the Pro line has a dedicated 1/4" (8 mm) headphone plug, which has always been able to push my Sennheiser's just fine. Whether it has true headphone amp circuitry, or just has enough power to push high impedance hedphones I don't know. Just know it's always worked fine for me.

Jammrock
              Don't push mine very well and if you lump the volume to max they distort the sound dispite not being all that loud . Hence the Terratec on another computer. Drives Sennheisers quite happily and doesn't distort at higher volumes.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
                problem with creative cards is that they resample internally to 48 Khz, ASIO or no ASIO.

I would be surprised if this isn't the case as well with the Audigy4
                We'll have to wait for people who know what they're doing to review it and see.

PS - The Audigy 2 ZS is being considered the "Audigy 3", thus this one is the 4. Hopefully this will have true 24/96 chips.
                Last edited by Jammrock; 9 November 2004, 10:18.

Comment

I little more digging found this:

Jammrock

Comment

Server error.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

That link should have translated it via Google, but I guess the server doesn't like persistent links.

Jammrock

Comment

I already have a Audigy 2 ZS Platinium eX

Can someone please tell me what's new with Audigy 4 Pro?

Comment

The name ?
                          Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                          MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                          Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                          Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

The chip. It is called Audigy 4 Pro or something, thus the card is #4, too.

Can anyone tell me whether the Terratec 6fire 24/96 has a headphone amp or whether it's just a pot and a socket? I've never dared to turn the volume knob past noon...

AZ
                            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Not sure. Probably. But you can get a cheap headphone amp which will probably be superior.

The chip on the audidgy 4 will probably be the same as the emu's the most important bit is the dacs and the capacitors. afaik.

I wouldnt bother changing.

It is probably limited edition due to a PCi Express card coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X