Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the scariest game you ever played?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the scariest game you ever played?

Sorry if this belongs to the gaming forum, but I was wondering what was the scariest game you ever played on the PC?

I'll say in my case the scariest was and will always be... Phantasmagoria!!!!
    This game had it all from demons to serial killing to rape, atual cinematics too!!

The second was doom 1, the music and the fact that you just didn't know what's around the corner yet you hear them.

Regards,
    Elie

Quake ... that NIN soundtrack and psycho graphics ... gave me shivers.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

'Tombraider' made me jump up quite some times...
      (I was younger, and played the first one usually late at night)

'Alone in the dark' (the first one) also set a nice thriller mood...

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Systemshock
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Alone in the dark was the scariest. Along with me bricking it in Halflife.

Comment

Systemshock, but I did not seek to play scary games, mainly because of genres.

Comment

Hmm...Phantasmagoria was damn nice, but I think Blair Witch (vol. 1- Rustin Parr) scared me more. The game overall may not have been that good, but damn, it could sure raise some shivers...even its installer had children screaming in the background

Oh, and Sanitarium was also veeery freaky.
              All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Fatal Frame I, and I'm sure I'll be scared witless in Fatal Frame II too. (Project Zero for the rest of the world).

J1NG

Comment

Well, when I was a soldier in the armored corps, we used to break open all kinds of ammunition and burn the explosives found in the 'bullet shell'. We had all kinds of 'interesting' (read: stupid) way of burning it. Usually with more live ammunition not too far so we could get more when needed.

Oh, you're talking about Computer-Games..
                  "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Phantasmagoria was a classic. Too bad they don't have good ole adventure games like that anymore.
                    "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

I believe they should make a movie based on Phantasmagoria!

Comment

Resident Evil on PlayStation, first time I played, it freaked me out.
                        Titanium is the new bling!
                        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

AvP - Playing the Marine!
                          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Good Point, AvP the original on the Atari Jaguar. Freaky!

And the Atari 8 bit game Rescue on Fractulis, scared me to death!
                            "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                              Resident Evil on PlayStation, first time I played, it freaked me out.
                              Yeah, it's the most intense door opening simulation I've ever seen.

I've tried the AvP demos but I couldn't stand playing: The alien's special features was vertigo-vision/disoriento-movment, but the humans had the best feature: Get killed by the alien that dropped out of the vent you didn't notice, Get killed by the alien that was hiding behind the corner, Get killed by the alien that jumped out behind you, Get killed by alien who's blood splashed on you after you shot it, Get killed... you get the point.
                              Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 8 November 2004, 12:52.

Comment

Working...
                              X