Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade s-video cable?

I'm currently using s-video cables in two places
    1) in my room, tv-out from my comp to my tv (20" Samsung)
    and 2) from my dvd player to another tv (31" Hitachi)
    -both cables are cheapo 6-footers

What I want to know is; has anyone noticed any difference when upgrading to better cables?

I know that for s-video 6ft or under is recommended for best quality, but do you think I'd notice the difference between a 6ft'er and a 3ft'er?

Right now I'm thinking I'll keep the one on my comp the same (I need all 6 feet to reach the tv, and 6ft high quality cables are fairly expensive) but I'm considering upgrading the one on my dvd player (i only need about 3 ft).

Any comments or suggestions would be helpful.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

This is not worth the time to think about.

6ft is plenty short.

Comment

But would I notice the difference between a low quality 6 footer and a high quality 3 footer?
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)

Comment

I seriously doubt it.. unless one of them is broken.

The nicest thing about nice cables is they break less frequently. If you have (real) gold plating on the connectors, you are going to be free from any signal loss due to corrosion as well.

Comment

alright, thanks for the help, ill stick with what i have then

Comment

Working...
          X