Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple monitors PCI card with G450DH

Hi guys, I am experiencing the following problem:
    I am using AGP Matrox Milllnium G450 dualhead adapter for two monitors on PIII AmiBios ver 2.2 mother board msi 6119P2 OS WXPP.
    I want to add one more (third) monitor but have only PCI slots available no additional AGP, I managed to get two (SIS or ATI mach64) second hand PCI agraphic adapters to try.
    The system well recognizes a new PCI card in the slot, installs proper driver for it, but then the installation returns the Error Code 10 (Black exclamation sign in a yellow circle i the Windows driver manager window) and the card is out of use. This happens if AGP is set as a primnary video card.
    If PCI is set the primary card in the BIOS start-up WXPP just hangs-up/freezes on the start up and I am done...
    Would anyone have any proposition or information lead what is wrong?
    THNX.
    PP
    proki

If you pull the G450 from the machine and the PCI card still does not work then I'd suggest the PCI card may be broken, you may not have the correct drivers for the card, or perhaps the drivers you do have were not designed for Win XP.

Comment

Those are both pretty old PCI cards, and may not be multii-adapter capable.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
      X