Clear All

• Terractec blows Creative out of the water

Certainly for headphone music quality.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

plse
    elaborate.
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

A dedicated non distorting headphone amp.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

What card are you using?

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Creative have a different philosophy. cant wait for the audiophile 192 from m-audio.

Trust ze germans they make thing properly.

Comment

Universe 7.1
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Nice. Still using the SixFire 24/96 here and not all that happy with headphone out - lots of static from the computer (I guess the cable to the drive bay works as an antenna) and the pot isn't very linear at the softest volumes (though that is to be expected, I guess).

AZ

Comment

m-aduio is now a subsidiary of AVID ... very intresting prospects for the future... hope they finaly release a winxp version of free protools now that they have an intrest in the consumer market
                "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Originally posted by az
                  Nice. Still using the SixFire 24/96 here and not all that happy with headphone out - lots of static from the computer (I guess the cable to the drive bay works as an antenna) and the pot isn't very linear at the softest volumes (though that is to be expected, I guess).

AZ
                  Yes, the 6Fire has very good audio quality, but the headphone-out lacks quite a bit.
                  But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                  My System
                  2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                  German ATI-forum

Comment

I used a cmoy amp for a few hours, unfortunately when I moved, it must have broken (it didn't have any casing and was lousily soldered), sound quality was noticeably better, and this from someone who was very sceptical of dedicated headphone amps, and with "only" a Sennheiser HD497.

AZ

Comment

High quality headphone output from a computer is still an oxymoron. Theres too much digital noise and variable emissions to keep it really clean.

Comment

I got a Terratec DMX Xfire 1024.
                        I never use it because when I connect it up to my hi-fi I only get the right channel to work.
                        Its such a great little card (i think anyway), but my SoundBlaster 16 gives me stereo ....sigh..

Comment

Guchi, what do you use to connect to your HiFi? Often, the little stereo jacks have bad contacts...

AZ

Comment

I'm still happy with my trusty good old Hercules GameTheater XP
                            "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Working...
                            X