No announcement yet.

I would kill myself if I had done this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would kill myself if I had done this.

oh, wow
    -We stop learning when We die, and some
    people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
    Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
    - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
    - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

KvHagedorn, this is actually very commonplace wherever there're cars
      Matrox G4x0 32mb SG RAM DVI

Comment

Unfortunately, tens of toddlers are killed/injured round the world, because poppa or momma doesn't think of looking behind the car when reversing out of the drive.
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Very, very sad.

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Looking behind the car does no good if the kids are hiding inside a pile of leaves. That said someone would have to heavily sedate me for months.

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Something similar happened with my uncle and his 2 year old. She was not there when he got in the car. Neither parent was watching her and the father backed right over her.

Then they pushed their two remaining kids away.
              Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 6 November 2004, 08:35.

Comment

Sad story.

Something simliar nearly happened to me when a parent let his baby crawl under my car.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

When I took a course on safe driving they stressed to not drive over all such obstacles because you never know what could be inside or under. Really, really sad.
                  P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Also had something similar here about 7 years ago.

One of the local Ambulance Officers left his house to go to work, got to the ambulance station and was immediately advised that there was an emergency callout to his own house.

Turns out, when he backed the ambulance out of his driveway (had the ambulance stored at home the previous night due to start time and scheduling etc), he had backed over (and unfortunately killed) his young daughter.

The poor bugger was so traumatized by it (understandably so i might add) that he still hasn't been able to return to work now.
                    ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

sad
                      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

almost happened to a neighbour - youngest one was behind th car (3 yrs old) - older one (6 yrs old) was in the car and put it into neutral. The car rolled back over the younger child, but fortunetly it was high enough that it just gave her a few scrapes.
                        If she had been in the path of a wheel, she wouldn't be here today.
                        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Very sad. Having that happen with someone unrelated to you would be bad enough, but living with the memory of a child would be torture. Hopefully the family can move past this eventually and not let it overshadow the rest of their lives together.
                          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

This is very sad and I would kill my self too if this happened to me, the good thing I guess is that this incident certainly opened my eyes to the possibilities that accidents like this still occur and I will keep my eyes and ears on full alert when driving in my neighborhood, not that I don't today, but I will take extra care!!

Regards,
                            Elie

Comment

I dunno if I'd kill myself, but I sure would die inside. Such a heart breaking story.
                              Titanium is the new bling!
                              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
                              X