Understanding multiple monitors..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding multiple monitors..

So, as I alluded to a while back, I setup a machine with a P650 for a church with a new projection system. The idea is to have the monitor display stuff like the desktop, the "presenter view" in PowerPoint, etc.

So far, I've had two problems. First, PowerPoint only seems to see the second monitor (projector) if I extend the desktop to the second monitor. This is not horrible, but it is not what I would like. Ideally, I want only things specifically directed to the second output to go to the projector. This is not critical, but I want to make sure that I am not missing something that would give me exactly what I want.

Second, for other applications that are not as "dual-monitor aware", I can't figure out an easy way to set things up for others who are not necessarily that technically inclined. I want to be able to do things like have a context menu on the taskbar which will let me choose which monitor to maximize to, and be able to switch back and forth. Alternatively, it would probably work to have a hotkey or something that would change the second monitor to a clone of the first and back. This would be primarily for things like displaying a web browser directly on the projector. Obviously, it is not that easy to type while looking at a projected image far away, so just always sending browsers to the projector only is not a great option.

I assume that I am missing something obvious. I would have thought there would be something obvious in PowerDesk, but everything I found required going into the full application to switch back and forth between monitors. Thanks in advance.

Nathan

I don't know about powerpoint but for such things you can set second monitor as DVDMax/video output and only content in media player will be shown stretched to full screen on that monitor (projector).

You can export slides from powerpoint to images and drag them in windows media player and they'll show in full screen on projector.

As for which monitor app maximizes to:
    It maximizes to the monitor it is on in the restored state. You can set a shortcut key in Powerdesk to move window to other monitor (assuming you have monitor and projector set as independant displays).

Comment

Working...
    X