Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inputform on a website

Hello,

I've been asked to make a website for my brother. It should contain an inputform which is mailed to a specific address.

As I don't know where it will be hosted, I can't be sure which scripting language to use. But I think perl is supported by most hosting companies.

Does anyone have either code examples, references or suggestions (to avoid spammers) ?

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Can't help with perl but you have a good chance of php being an option so here you go.

php forms

The form validating, ie not allowing empty entries is generally enough to stop a lot of form spammers.

Comment

Yes, PHP might be possible. It would also be interesting for later extensions I'm considering. And I can tell my brother this is a requirement for hosting his site.

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

Find out what cgi scripts the host gives you native to use - even the cheapest crappiest ones will usually have a cgi email form one. Possibly with instructions on how to use it too.
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Yes, but we have plans of starting out with a static page, but perhaps moving to a content-driven site (php/mysql)...

So the PHP requirement does fit in this scheme...

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

There are a number of free form generators out there, there are even people who will host simple forms for free.

I agree PHP is probably best and pretty easy as the same page can be used for data collection, validation and feedback.
            FT.

Comment

Working...
            X