Copyright protection macrovision Apex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copyright protection macrovision Apex

I haven't been able to find the Matrox macrovision patch. Can anyone send it to me, please.

I did find an Apex DVD player macrovision patch though. http://apexweb.terrashare.com/index.html if anyone is interested. I think it worked, but it took a few failures to achieve success. My first mistake was forgetting to insert the new file into the exe directory. Second was, I didn't stick any other files on the CD-R execpt for the poiuytre.asd, and the Apex player didn't seem to find it.

It finally worked after I stuck about 40-50Mb worth of junk files on the disk with the .asd file. Don't know why it couldn't find the file by itself. Now I have a "loophole" menu that's supposed to allow me to change region code, can't test since I don't have any other region DVD's except R1.

It also has a macrovision selection to turn off macrovision. I selected to turn off macrovision and attempted to record w/AVI_IO, but still had the copyright protection error when trying to capture.

I opened PC-VCR, and tried to capture "Fear and Loathing in LasVegas", and it started recording no problem. I then re-tried AVI_IO and it appeared to capture about an hours worth at 4gb, and then stopped due to my settings, I guess. However, after seeing the 4gig file in windows explorer, when I re-opened WE, the file was gone? Strange.

I am still using the demo version of AVI_IO, so this may have somthing to do with it, unsure. I'm still trying to create a VCD using AVI_IO to decide if I want to buy the full-version, but I probably will anyway, based on Murcers comments.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

------------------

Your answer should be here.
    http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum2/HTML/004961.html
    Bye
    Raido
    Bye
    Raido

Comment

Thanks Raido,

I came across this message in my searches, but again, software isn't my bag. This looks like a simple thing to do though.

I'm not familiar with any hex editors. Does win98 have any? Anybody recommend a simple hex editor that a simpleton like me could use. I'm just afraid of screwing things up.
      I guess as long as I copy the files first I should be OK, huh?

Thanks again.

------------------

Comment

It's on it's way to you.

(Can't wait til we get the damned site back !)

Comment

Working...
        X