First 13 second Mazda MP3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First 13 second Mazda MP3

Mazdas247 is an independent community featuring Discussion Forums, Classifieds and Resources for Mazda vehicles.
    Attached Files

Wow the time slip is from the Future! I see 9:39 PM November 3 on it!

I'm assuming this your car since the website is blocked at work
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Sweet! Still plan on boosting it or you satisfied with it's current performance?
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I say: "If your rods ain't crackin', you're still slackin"

Nice job!
        Chuck
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
          Wow the time slip is from the Future! I see 9:39 PM November 3 on it!
          Yes. Tonight, it will also be 167* and raining.

I'm assuming this your car since the website is blocked at work
          You got it.

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
            Sweet! Still plan on boosting it or you satisfied with it's current performance?
            Well, for something that started as a mid 16 second car with 140hp, I really can't ask much more out of it. If I don't ever best those runs, then oh well, but I would like to hit mid 13s, which is certainly attainable.

Currently I have a lot more power than I do traction, so unless I get lots of traction somehow, my quest for horsepower is pretty much done with.

LOL @ cjolley.

Comment

I can send you a 13 second mp3 too - what bitrate do you want?

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az

I can send you a 13 second mp3 too - what bitrate do you want?

AZ
                Well, it's gotta be a Mazda MP3. The "Zoom Zoom" song should suffice, 196kbps plz.

Comment

Not bad, I'm impressed.
                  now you need to work on that 60ft time.
                  Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Pretty damned impressive Kooldino!! Siskel and eBart give it 2 thumbs up!
                    Bart

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino
                      Well, for something that started as a mid 16 second car with 140hp, I really can't ask much more out of it. If I don't ever best those runs, then oh well, but I would like to hit mid 13s, which is certainly attainable.

Currently I have a lot more power than I do traction, so unless I get lots of traction somehow, my quest for horsepower is pretty much done with.

LOL @ cjolley.
                      Well, you can always lighten it up by adding cromoly parts or a carbon fiber parts, or remove the seats and interior carpeting which kills the look but hey, faster ET. Yeah, dunno if you want to go on that path with that sweet ride of yours.

I like your car and that particular model, especially since you replaced that fugly stock spoiler.
                      Titanium is the new bling!
                      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

just get more rubber on the ground

Comment

Originally posted by gt40
                          Not bad, I'm impressed.
                          now you need to work on that 60ft time.
                          That's the reaction I typically get when I show this to non Protege owners. A 2.2 60' time is actually a GREAT 60' time for these things on street tires. Most guys are happy to pull a 2.4. These things have TERRIBLE wheel hop. Not sure if you guys remember threads about me trying to correct it by making my own poly motor mount molds and fabricating them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino
                            That's the reaction I typically get when I show this to non Protege owners. A 2.2 60' time is actually a GREAT 60' time for these things on street tires. Most guys are happy to pull a 2.4. These things have TERRIBLE wheel hop. Not sure if you guys remember threads about me trying to correct it by making my own poly motor mount molds and fabricating them.
                            What about drag slicks?
                            Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                              Well, you can always lighten it up by adding cromoly parts or a carbon fiber parts, or remove the seats and interior carpeting which kills the look but hey, faster ET. Yeah, dunno if you want to go on that path with that sweet ride of yours.

I like your car and that particular model, especially since you replaced that fugly stock spoiler.
                              Hehe, thanks. Yeah, I plan on keeping my interior, etc stock. Sure, weight reduction is nice, but this is a daily driver, so I want a backseat, as it comes in handy.

When the car is "finished", and I want to go all out, I'll go to a nicer drag strip and pull my spare tire and donut out of the trunk.

Comment

Working...
                              X