This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Election Thoughts

So I'm watching some election crap after school today. I saw some snippets from Bush, Kerry and Nader. After listening to them I think to myself, "only in America does the only somewhat intelligent sounding canidate (Nader) get 1% of the vote while the plastic molded puppet canidates get the other 99%."

23:00 CST and the race is pretty close. Maybe there will be a winner in the morning.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

I will be glad when it is over.
    I don't think you will be lucky in the morning, there will be recounts, court cases and absentee ballots to deal with yet.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I agree. Nader wasn't even on the ballot here, but his "convention" speech was carried on C-Span. His ideas were lucid and worthwhile. Unfortunately, this "convention" looked like a boring night at a small-town Lion's Club meeting.

It's really sad how people tend not to get very involved with the real issues that affect them. It's a lot like how people eat McDonald's and Sugar Pops rather than real food. It's a convenient, calculated, processed political meal.

Comment

Thank god Nader had no chance of winning.
        Early results are looking good for Bush. Its going to come down to whoever wins Ohio.

Comment

FoxNews is saying that Ohio will go to Bush, but is STILL too close to call...
          Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
          MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
          Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
          Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Bush = winnar.

4 more wars!

Comment

Very nice presentation of the current situation, and past information :

Jörg
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

With Bush getting Ohio tonight and not enough provisional ballots for Kerry to gain the lead.

As of right now I say Bush is in the white house on Jan 21. 2005.

Have to see what the lawyers do.
                dshumake

Comment

The voting machine
                  Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by dshumake
                    With Bush getting Ohio tonight and not enough provisional ballots for Kerry to gain the lead.

As of right now I say Bush is in the white house on Jan 21. 2005.

Have to see what the lawyers do.
                    dshumake
                    Unlike '2000, Bush has the popular vote handily. The lawyers can FO. I predict the DJIA up today

Comment

How is the voting card arranged?

[ ] Bush [ ] Kerry [ ] Re-open elections

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
                        I will be glad when it is over.
                        I don't think you will be lucky in the morning, there will be recounts, court cases and absentee ballots to deal with yet.
                        I'm still waiting for my ballot paper to arrive.

What? UK is the 51st state, right?
                        FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone
                          I'm still waiting for my ballot paper to arrive.

What? UK is the 51st state, right?
                          Saddly yes (tow Brittain across the Pond, leave Ireland behind).

Otherwise revocation of independence on your part would be more appropriate.
                          Last edited by UtwigMU; 3 November 2004, 05:53.

Comment

hehe. Strangely, murc was one place I didn't copy that to!
                            FT.

Comment

IdiotMan is a winner... sad but true... blind people... I can't believe...

Comment

Working...
                              X