Creepiest movie ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creepiest movie ever?

I know its post-Halloween, but since I just saw what is probably the creepiest movie I've ever seen, I was wondering what you all thought was deserving of the title "creepiest movie ever"? I'm not talking splatter movies here either.

My vote goes to the aforementioned film titled "Session 9" (more info here). This is the creepiest thing I've seen since "The Shining". No violence, no gore (well, a tiny bit in the end), no crap that jumps out at you and says BOO like all these new-fangled Japanese remakes. Hell, I still feel a chill, and its not cold in here.

Bart
    Bart

I will have to check it out. I would vote for the one with the kid in the TV and the midget psychic...

Comment

I'll have to think about it a bit, but I think Rosemary's Baby should be right up there.

- Steve

Comment

I can't sleep now. This is nuts, I'm 34 years old for gods sake! I'm still chilled, and one particular line from Session 9 just won't leave my head. Spooky voice: "I live....in the weak...and the wounded". Brrrrrrrrr.
        Bart

Comment

Any links to the trailer?

I think of all movies I have watched, (which by the way I did no tsee seesion 9 yet) I think "White Noise" brought chills and I only watched the trailer!!!

Cheers,
          Elie

Comment

My top 10;

The Exorcist (esp. 25th anniversary edition)
            The Changeling
            The Shining (is there ANYTHING creepier than Jack Nicholson?)
            The Omen
            The Haunting (original, not the lame remake)
            Se7en
            Rosemary's Baby
            Carnival of Souls
            Serpent and the Rainbow
            Ringu (original of The Ring)

and the guilty pleasures;

Black Christmas (1974 and very underrated)
            Halloween
            Nightmare on Elm Street
            Nightbreed
            I Spit on Your Grave
            Donnie Darko
            The Prophecy
            Ghost Story

Dr. Mordrid
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 1 November 2004, 23:00.
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by spadnos
              I'll have to think about it a bit, but I think Rosemary's Baby should be right up there.

- Steve
              thats what i was going to say as soon as i saw the title of this thread
              www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

The sound of music! That gives me shivers down my spine....
                The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

anything including David Hasselhoff! He's even in the new Spongebob Movie (saw a trailer in saturday....).

For a more serious answer: "The evil dead" back in 1981 when i saw it in the cinema. I was 16 then and scaried as hell.

R.
                  "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                    The sound of music! That gives me shivers down my spine....
                    ROTFLMAO

---------------------------------------------------

Alien gets my vote
                    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Stephen King's IT
                      Gothika
                      The Grudge
                      Stephen King's The Shining

Comment

Child's Play (I heard Brad Dourif in my dreams for awhile after that one...)

original Texas Chainsaw Massacre (especially the scene in that room with chickens)
                        All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                          My top 10;

The Exorcist (esp. 25th anniversary edition)

Dr. Mordrid
                          I don't know anything about the 25th anniversary edition, but the Exorcist is on the top of my list as well.
                          RC Agent
                          AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
                          AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
                          AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

Comment

Working...
                          X