Video Card advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Card advice

Well I decided it was time to get myself a new tv, well a TV period...

I'd offer you a link, but its a Japan only model, suffice to say I have 28" of widescreen HDTV goodness.

Now the problem is the little MSI 865 I have still has the onboard intel, my tv has that loverly little HDTV plug (well 2 of them actually) sitting there looking lonely.

So, I need to get a vid card that will output what I want, rules are as follows, AGP and cheap.

I don't play games on this, its a dedicated HTPC, so I don't need great 3D, as long as my dvd's look good, I'm a happy camper.

Sugestions anyone?
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

ah and you need a videocard with component output to drive that TV in HDTV res. Plus a separate D4-component breakout cable which you probably can get locally.

Comment

HDTV plug = HDMI?

HDMI is DVI with added encryption/copy protection, the point of it is to NOT have the consumer be able to mix PCs and consumer electronics.

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

no, HDTV plug = D4 in this case

Comment

There are a few cards that have the plug native, one being the x600 but its not compatable with the 865.

And yes, HDTV plug - this is Japan remember
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

will a radeon with the HDTV adapter work, or is this some strange other HDTV interface which we here have not yet seen?
            Here it is either component video or DVI.. unfortunately my Sony HDTV has the picture way off center when using the DVI, forcing me to use the Component video adapter
            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Sasq, I've seen pics of your apartment, where are you going to fit a 28" TV
              Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

hehe, its in the corner opposite that large cupboard - fits perfect like.. i'll get some new pics up in a day or two
                Juu nin to iro

Comment

Working...
                X