Performance of P650 in games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance of P650 in games?

Hi all, this is my first post... I have to ask about the P650's gaming performance level here because information about it has been sparse to say the least. Words like "unimpressive" and "low" aren't terribly communicative. Aside from requests for benchmark results, the best I could probably do is asking which of the following cards it's generally closest to:

- Geforce2 MX
    - Geforce2 GTS
    - Radeon 9000

Info on this is appreciated. I'd spring for a faster Parhelia variant, but money's a little tight presently. Thanks for reading.

P650 is definitly not a gamer-card you know...

Can't give you benchmarks but I think you will be able to play games like Ut2004 and older in low quality, not less, not more.

I would say its performance lies between (original) R9000 and Gf2, depending on app.

Parhelia 8x is still a acceptable card for gaming if you need or like it's other features for work or whatever. Playing Everquest 2 beta at the moment with my Parhelia 4x, performance is still allright.
    Last edited by Che Guevara; 30 October 2004, 10:43.
    P IV 3,06 Ghz, GA-8ihxp i850e, 512 MB PC-1066 RDRam, Parhelia 128 mb 8x, 40 + 60 gb IBM 7200 upm/2048 kb HD, Samtron 96 P 19", black icemat, Razer Boomslang 2100 krz-2 + mousebungee, Videologic sonic fury, Creative Soundworks

Comment

P650 is about on par with GF2 or GF4MX (there's a review of P750 which is similar (afaik only slightly faster) in the forum - do a search for some benchmarks).

Comment

Working...
      X