Finally! Cheap telephony flat rate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally! Cheap telephony flat rate!

Arcor will introduce a new phone/DSL plan next month: 19.95 EUR for ISDN, 10.00 EUR for 1 Mbit DSL (including unlimited minutes to other Arcor customers and 1000 MB transfer), 9.95 for a DSL flat rate, 19.95 for unlimited phone minutes anywhere within Germany (excluding mobile and special numbers)! +5 EUR gets you 2 Mbit DSL, +5 EUR again makes that 3 Mbit.

No connecting fee, free DSL modem included.

That means 60-70 EUR (depending on DSL speed) for unlimited phone and intarweb! YES!

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

mobiles not included? kind of useless then.

I'll stick to my mobile phone contract - 1 cent/min anywhere in austria, 1 cent/min in my own network, 2* cent/min to other mobile nets. oh, and 90 minutes per month included with the base price, wohoo.

and for international calls: skype.

mfg
    wulfman
    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
    "Lobsters?"
    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
    "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Damn... 1 cent/min?!? We are getting ripped of here... 15 cent/min inside own network, 40 cent/min outside network... With the ultimate subscription model (around 40EUR/month) you get 15 cent/min to anywhere in Croatia with no free minutes... Pretty shitty...

Comment

SBC, big US telecom, just announced a $70 package that includes unlimited local and long distance telephone calling (in and out network calls) and DSL @ 3 Mb down/s and 384 Kb/s up SBC however is not in my area

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Not in my area also...

Comment

I use a local distributer of IP telephony.
            1cent€ /min local landline, 12cent€/min mobil phones. No connection fee, and free unlimted calls within the carrier.
            Monthly fee: 3.5€

Cheap international calls as well: Japan, 3cents€/min. f.ex.

Oh, and all sorts of neat tricks, like holdcall music from own .mp3's call filtering from hell and call meetings.

Im having a hardwarebox installed in a months time, so I can use my old landline phones as well.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Damn you!!! *shakesfist*

Comment

Well, I would be delighted to sign you up as well!

I dont think you need to live in Denmark to use this operator. Although most pages ARE in danish.

Anyhow, theres GOT to be more like mine (www.telefin.dk) around. You can more or les start your own IP telephone company from your home computer.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Damn you all :-( I can get only 56 kbit/s modem connection at ~ CYP 7 ($13, £7.50, €11)/month + CYP 0.20/hr Internet connection time + CYP 5/month for the fixed landline + CYP 0.10/3min for inland local calls + an arm and a leg for overseas calls. My monthly bills total CYP 70 ($130, £75, €110) and I can't get a better modem speed than ~48 kbit/s

So, please shut up :-(
                  Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Brian, at these prices and "speeds", wouldn't internet per satellite start to become interesting?

Or could you install a beam radio over WiFi (its range can be GREATLY improved with directional antennae etc.) to somewhere where there is a DSL flat rate available?

AZ

Comment

From Cyprus?

Comment

IIRC DSL is available on cyprus, only not where Brian lives.

AZ

Comment

Working...
                        X