Broken lcd monitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken lcd monitor?

The monitor I am speaking about, is an AOC lm-500, just like this: http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=584

It was a power failure while the monitor was turned on. I tried to turn it back on later, but there is no picture. The strange thing is that when I turn the power on, and enter the menu on the monitor where you adjust brightness and colors and such, I can just make out the menu.

Is there any hope for my monitor, or should I get rid of it?

Sounds like a backlight failure, probably the inverter. I don't know what it cost or how old it is, but why not send it to the service for cost estimate and then decide whether to have them repair it or invest in a new one.

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

So, the screen is mostly dark, and you can just barely make out the adjustment menus?

That sounds like a shot backlight to me - see if you can get it fixed.

- Steve

Comment

Now that I have taken a look at it, if you can't get it repaired under warranty (and you should - there's no reason for it to die from a simple power failure, it should even survive mild spikes and bursts), just buy a new one. 17" have become quite cheap.

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az
          Now that I have taken a look at it, if you can't get it repaired under warranty (and you should - there's no reason for it to die from a simple power failure, it should even survive mild spikes and bursts), just buy a new one. 17" have become quite cheap.

AZ
          Being in the army, and making 18 USD a day, that is not an option I will look into the warranty instead. Just had to be sure that it wasn't anything i could fix. thanks

Comment

if you don't need it anymore, I'll take it.

mfg
            wulfman
            "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
            "Lobsters?"
            "Really? I didn't know they did that."
            "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Working...
            X