Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't get help grom Activision with Starwars BF for PC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get help grom Activision with Starwars BF for PC.

It's coming up to three working weeks now since I bought the game Starwars Battlefront by Activision. When I first couldn't get the game to work, I emailed them, and my emails were being returned unsent. The next day, I phoned them, which is difficult as I don't have a landline and can't get a signal near my PC, so I told them the problem with emailing them and they sent me an email to reply to.
    I replied to their email straight away with all the info they asked for, then I sent another with some additional info. After some time, they replied to the one I sent with additional info saying they had no record of previous correspondance. I've been repeatedly emailing them since with all the info they've asked for and have heard nothing, I've tried their head office a couple of times over the weeks to find out what's going on, but they don't reply either. Has anyone else had these kinds of problems with Activision and what did you do? I think that if I don't get anywhere by some time next week, I'll ask for a refund... but then how do you go about getting a refund???

...And I got nowhere with forums or anything, does anyone know of a good forum for technical support with PC games? This was the problem anyway...

INSTALLATION:

When I tried to install Starwars Battlefront for the first time, after getting the first disc to start loading, it seemed to be having trouble working out which disk it wanted and which was which.
    I've just uninstalled the game to see if the same thing would happen using a different disk drive or to see if the game would run without the patch, but it's still the same.

After the first disk goes in, an error message comes up to say, 'The wrong volume is in the drive. Please insert volume BC.1 into drive X' I click okay, and it then imediately asks for disk 3 and wants the file 'data4.cab' from it. When I put disk 3 in and press okay, it still asks for disk 3. Then, a moment later, the first error message comes up again, 'Wrong volume...' and wants disk 1. I put disk one in and it immediately asks for disk 2. Is something wrog wit the way this game is installing and does this mean there's a missing file?

THE MAIN PROBLEM:

I updated Starwars Battlefront before I tried to play it for the first time. I have been through all the help files and forums I can find and can't get any help. The game seems to be working fine up until just before the page where you choose which class to play, sniper etc. where the screen goes black for quite a while while the music goes scratchy and fizzles out. Then, when you try to choose a class, the cursor stuttors and hardly moves. When I finally get the cursor to a class and try to get the game to start, the game stuttors really badly and is unplayable, like there's a slow frame rate. This includes both the graffics and sound, they both stutter together.

STEPS TAKEN:

I've tried reinstalling it using a different CD ROM drive and playing it without the patch, also updating drivers, actually mine uses windows components that are updated with windows.
    I have run a diagnostic check and this is fine appart from it seems unable to find my sound card. I've updated the drivers for the sound card and the problem persists. I've attatched the diagnostic results below. My sound card is a Soundblaster Audigy (B400). I've turned off anti-aliasing and the other graffics options are set to off or low. I don't have any other programs running, except for Norton which doesn't usually interfere with anything and I've tried switching that off. I've run regular scans with software like Adaware to clean up any problems with invisible applications and gone to task manager to make sure nothing is interfering. I don't usually have problems with minium system requirements not handling recent software releases but there's plenty of memory.

LucasArts System Report

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Product

Name Star Wars Battlefront

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Installation

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\LaunchBF.exe

DirectX

Version 9.0c

Display devices

Device WinFast(R) A170 Display Driver
    TnL Yes
    Driver nv4_disp.dll
    Version 6.13.10.2720
    VendorId 4318
    DeviceId 369

Sound devices

Device C-Media Wave Device
    Driver cmaudio.sys
    Version 5.12.0001.0643

CPU

Device AMD Athlon(TM) XP2000+, ~1.7GHz
    Total 1
    Speed 1678 MHz
    MMX Yes
    SSE Yes
    SSE2 No
    3DNow Yes

RAM

Total 512 MB

Operating system

Name Windows XP

Drives

Name C:
    Device ST340810A
    File system NTFS
    Total 38154 MB
    Available 9607 MB

Name F:
    Device MAXTOR 6L080J4
    File system NTFS
    Total 76324 MB
    Available 45554 MB

Name D: