AIM Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIM Question

I need to check up on something my son wrote. How can I look at backlogged chats?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Sry, no clue. What is AIM?
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

It's an instant messenger client.
      If he has history turned on, you should be able to view it, but you will need to be logged into the system as him - AIM, not the windows session.

If he doesn't have history on, your probably out of luck
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend
        Sry, no clue. What is AIM?
        It's what you do before you shoot

Comment

As Sasq said, if logging is turned off, you're out of luck.

You can install aim loggers that ca'nt be switched off for the future, for example Parent Tools for AIM

Google with "aim log", there are a lot of programs out there

Rakido
          "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Three ideas, assuming he had logger enabled.

You can check in his 'my documents' folder.

Another place it might be is somewhere in the 'application data' folder

Then there's the actual 'AIM95' folder in 'Program Files'.

But, I may be thinking of trillian/miranda/gaim.

1.73TBredB@1.67(166X10)@1.6V
            ASUS A7N8X
            Corsair 1GB PC3200
            Parhelia 128MB
            EIZO L685EX

Comment

Install google desktop search. It logs AIM conversations.
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
                Install google desktop search. It logs AIM conversations.
                Inteesting...thanks.

And thanks to everyone else.

I already saw what I wanted to see, but just wanted to see it again as proof.

I didn't realize Google Desktop logged aim conversations. That is defintely the way to go.

Dave
                Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

So, what stunt did the kid pull?
                  Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                  [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

He called me D I C K and a C U N T

Comment

So, essentally, he called you a hermaphrodite?

I suppose threating to chop his fingers off with a cigar cutter to keep him from abusing his on-line "freedom of speach" rights probably is out of the question...

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                        So, essentally, he called you a hermaphrodite?

I suspect the child in question is in BIG trouble
                        Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Originally posted by Dilitante1
                          I suspect the child in question is in BIG trouble
                          I think I'd have agree with that conclusion.

Comment

I don't think he's exactly a child anymore.. what is he, Dave? 15? Sadly, that's about par for the course from a teenage guy trying to establish his own identity. I was worried he might be making drug deals or something from the way you were talking. Anyhow, I would still show him that if he thought I was a d i c k or c u n t before, he ain't seen nothing yet.

Comment

I freaked out on him. He still IS in big trouble. He needed an attitude adjustment and schooling in the world of respect. He is 14, turning 15 in a couple of days.

I could go on but I won't.

Comment

Working...
                              X