Where's your peppers Paul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's your peppers Paul?

I had my first Thai pepper of the season off of my old plant. It's taken until now for the peppers to come out (seems to like this time of year). Nothing on my Serrano yet. I picked the topmost Thai pepper and had it with my Thai sausage lunch. Yummm ... good fresh Thai taste and extreme heat from this little 3/4" pepper.

So ALBPM ... where's the pics of your peppers this year? I love that pic you have of the Habby's around a cooler. I expected to see some pics by now of peppers roasting on your new barby.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

I remember when he gave you those seeds. You should have taken a pciture of it
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
      I remember when he gave you those seeds. You should have taken a pciture of it
      Huh? I gave Paul a few of my peppers from a previous crop.

I'll have to bring a few peppers along for our Thai meal. Who's joining us?
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Oh yeah! It was the other way around. My bad
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

OK, I have a bunch of nice Red Jalapenos that I need to smoke to make Chipotle'.

For some reason my Jalapenos are about equal to my Habaneros heat wise

So, I have been making some Insane Salsa lately.
          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Jeeeeessss.

Its posts like this that makes me sad NOT to live in US.

I would be willing to treck a good 1k miles for a decent strong spiced meal, with friends and beer.

~DukeP~

Comment

Just a re-cap....LOL

I'll need a bigger Heatsink this year.
              "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

lol

Comment

i didnt realize murcers sent peppers in the mail.. thats a new one to me
                  www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

And the last but not least of this years crop...... with a larger Heatsink!!

Comment

this years crop

Looking real good Paul ... drool!!!

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE]
                      i didnt realize murcers sent peppers in the mail.. thats a new one to me
                      Some of us MURCers meet with visiting MURCERs when they're in town.

Comment

More colorful anyways.

I still have yet to get your seeds to sprout. Maybe they don't like the altitude or dry climate. I have plenty left and will try again next year.

Comment

Try watering them with very warm water.

Comment

That reminds me. I found this killer new recipe not too long ago. I'll share it with you all. This is an appetizer btw.

Chile Toreados:

Yellow Wax Peppers
                            Garlic
                            Soy Sauce
                            Lemon Juice
                            Olive Oil
                            Peppercorn

I've only made this twice so I just eyeball the ingredients and you can use any pepper you want but I think the yellow wax peppers have the right consistency and hotness.

First, cook the peppers in a shllow pan with some garlic and olive oil until the skin is slightly peeling and turning black.

Now add the soy sauce and lemon juice(I think I mix 1 to 1) along with some more olive oil. Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat to a simmer,

Simmer for 12-20 minutes. This all depends on how you like your pepper. The longer you leave it in, the less firm it will be. Personally, I leave them in for almost 20 minutes because they melt in your mouth when they are done.

Leave peppers in juice, sprinkle peppercorn over the top and serve immediately. The olive oil will keep the peppers temp hot.

Let me know if anyone tries this. I personally love it!

Comment

Here's a salsa recipe from a friend using canned tomatoes.

2 Yellow Hot peppers roasted but not peeled.
                              2 Jalapeno peppers roasted but not peeled.
                              2 scalllion onions
                              1 clove garlic, pressed.
                              garlic salt to taste.
                              1 - 32 oz can of whole, peeled tomatoes.

Cut the peppers, onion and galic into large chunks and place in the food processor/chopper. Be sure to use the green part of the scallions as well. Sprinkle a small dash of garlic salt on top of the peppers and onions. Add the tomatoes without the juice and run the processor/chopper for 30-60 seconds - Be careful you don't turn the salsa into a Puree...

Pour into a bowl add the juice from the tomatoes and garlic salt to taste and stir it up.

Now go get the chips and some cold beer...

Comment

Working...
                              X