Zero-G Kitty - read warning before viewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero-G Kitty - read warning before viewing

This seams a tad cruel to me. Maybe if it wasn't for the fact that they hurled the cat towards the wall and treated it with a little more respect, it probably wouldn't have been too bad.

You've been warned, do not view if things like this disturb you.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Odd... the cat seems a tad freaked out...
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

It is indeed cruel. I like cats.

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I think they're testing the cats ability to manuver in freefall.

If the cat's freaked out I have to assume it's also been completely declawed (yet another mark in the cruelty list,) because after the first toss when it attaches itself to the ladys arms she doesn't appear to have been impaled by desperate claws digging for security.

I suppose it's possible the cat was having fun too, although all the cats I've ever been around dispise something as simple as a car ride.

Comment

It's equilibrium must be freaking out, just look at it trying to adjust itself. It would have probably been better if the cat was just standing around when they hit zero-G.
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

btw, forgot to mention that this was found on a US Military site and after word got around, they took it down, but it was mirrored.
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

the walls of that thing are padded, and the cat seemed to calm down a lot as soon as someone got hold of it or it found its way to the "floor" and stopped moving.
              "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

They should have started by passing it person to person then maybe throwing person to person that is if they even had a good reason in the first place. Throwing an animal at a wall in any kind of circumstances is cruel.

Comment

You can explain to people what is going to happen when they take a ride on the vomit comet.. that poor cat has no idea what's going on or why the gravity suddenly went away. Would you do this to a toddler?

Comment

people throw their toddlers into the air quite often, with no explanation of what or why they are doing to the toddler.

like I said, the walls are padded. the cat felt far less of an impact than if it had rolled off of a tv.
                    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

That's NASA's "vomit comet" airplane that they take up for zero G experience

Comment

Originally posted by DGhost
                        people throw their toddlers into the air quite often, with no explanation of what or why they are doing to the toddler.

like I said, the walls are padded. the cat felt far less of an impact than if it had rolled off of a tv.
                        Why are you defending the obvious cruelty? No matter which way you spin it, the hucked a cat at a wall. Sure, the cat probably didn't get any permanent wounds, but it doesn't make it right.

Comment

Except for the the first throw (which looked like he hurled it a bit too hard, which can be hard to figure out in zero-g) I think the guy wasn't trying to hurt the cat intentionally.
                          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

i agree with GT98 - it looked like he tossed the cat a little too hard on the first throw (although it still wasn't that bad of an impact - it just looks like he wasn't really expecting it to maintain momentum as well as it did), but otherwise didn't appear to be trying to intentionally hurt the cat.

i'm all for PETA. i happen to be a Person who Eats Tasty Animals myself. so why do i defend this act of "cruelty"? because I honestly don't see it as that cruel. maybe it is the fact I am sick and sadistic. or maybe its the fact that people post dumber, more violent shit on the internet every other minute and you don't see this kind of reaction to it. the cat did not appear to suffer at all aside from having the spaz reaction that all cats get when put into a situation that they do not like. my family dogs used to run into harder objects at much higher speeds and they certainly were not harmed by it. oh wait, can I say that? or will they come for my dog since I exposed it to undue cruelty?

Comment

Well, I don't think it is that cruel but I also wouldn't do it myself. Actually, I would probably do it, but I wouldn't huck the cat at the wall like they did it. That is all.

Comment

Working...
                              X