Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chips Coming to a Brain Near You

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

thats quite interesting. this could change the face of alzheimer's disease...
    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Professor Theodore W. Berger, director of the Center for Neural Engineering at the University of Southern California, is creating a silicon chip implant that mimics the hippocampus, an area of the brain known for creating memories. If successful, the artificial brain prosthesis could replace its biological counterpart, enabling people who suffer from memory disorders to regain the ability to store new memories.
      So it's like, a Neuro-Bus(tm) IDE controller?
      Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Oh please, IMNSHO when in comes to the human brain, medicine still knows jack squat (relative to the other parts of the human body).
        RC Agent
        AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
        AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
        AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

Comment

I thought the hippocampus was a school that schmosef went to
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

if it works though this could be very scary, im sure it would be something that the rich could only afford.

its good for the health reasons.

and would be cool lets say for lthe knowledge factor, ie: learning new languages faster.

but how safe would this be to ourselves. thats the scary bit
            www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Originally posted by gt40
              I thought the hippocampus was a school that schmosef went to
              I have beautiful memories of all the young and eager co-eds!
              P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

I rather do like the concept of a brain implant.
                Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
                  I rather do like the concept of a brain implant.
                  What do you think of the concept of a brain Donor ?
                  "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
                    I have beautiful memories of all the young and eager co-eds!
                    that is a skary picture you just drew ..... not as scary as your avatar though...

brain implants.... hum..... things are moving fast
                    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Originally posted by TransformX
                      What do you think of the concept of a brain Donor ?

who would want a used brain?..... a used brain is like a used condom... you never know where its been or what wet dreams it had.. ... sory.. i couldnt resist TX
                      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

from 'Young Frankenstein'

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein : Igor, would you mind telling me whose brain I did put in?
                        Igor : And you won't be angry?
                        Dr. Frederick Frankenstein : I will NOT be angry.
                        Igor : Abby someone.
                        Dr. Frederick Frankenstein : Abby someone. Abby who?
                        Igor : Abby Normal.
                        Dr. Frederick Frankenstein : Abby Normal?
                        Igor : I'm almost sure that was the name.
                        Dr. Frederick Frankenstein : Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a seven and a half foot long, fifty-four inch wide GORILLA? IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE TELLING ME?
                        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

ROTFLMAO
                          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                          X