Damn Credit card....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Credit card....

Well I was checking an account that I had paid off during the summer and noticed a bunch of unautherized charges on my card equalling out to about $190 bucks. This idiot spent about 170 bucks at netfilx and started an AOL broadband account. I called the credit card company and they are aware of the illegal charges and suggested calling AOL and Netflix to tell them to reverse the charges.

I called AOL and they gave me a hard time...they are like anyone in your family use your credit card? I'm like I live by myself, then they ask me did you move? I'm like you ****ing idiots....they have the right name and account info since they got that off the card and of course they are going to have a different address...I should have asked for the address so I could inform my local PD about it. THey finally cancel the account for me and I'm waiting on a refund. Netflix was a lot better, though I had to wait 20 minutes to talk to some one, Who ever got a hold of my number is female since they asked me if I knew someone named Lauren, which I don't.

I'm trying to figure out how the card got compermised since I haven't used it since this past July and I can't remember the last time I used it to buy something on line. What a pain in the ass.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

wow thats some shit
    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

What card is it? They should reverse the charges and be contacting the compnaies that charged the fraudelant charges and not you.

Comment

Re: Damn Credit card....

Originally posted by GT98
        I'm trying to figure out how the card got compermised since I haven't used it since this past July and I can't remember the last time I used it to buy something on line. What a pain in the ass.
        If I use a CC generator, there's a chance (however slim it may be) that I will come across YOUR CC number. That's one possibility.
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Typical lazy credit card.

Once got burgled and luckily I had all my cards on me but they stole all the reciepts some of which had the credit card number on.

Barclaycard said it doesn't matter as any good would come to my house which isn't true anyway.

I did get a replacement card after a bit of pressing.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Re: Damn Credit card....

Originally posted by GT98
            I called the credit card company and they are aware of the illegal charges and suggested calling AOL and Netflix to tell them to reverse the charges.
            Huh?? You called the CC company, and they KNOW about these illegal charges but YOU are the one that has to call the places and tell them to reverse the charges??? Doesn't the credit card company issue you a new card with new account number?? And close that other account out?? Is it standard operating procedure that YOU have to fix that those bogus charges??
            RC Agent
            AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
            AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
            AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

Comment

Re: Re: Damn Credit card....

Originally posted by RC Agent
              Huh?? You called the CC company, and they KNOW about these illegal charges but YOU are the one that has to call the places and tell them to reverse the charges??? Doesn't the credit card company issue you a new card with new account number?? And close that other account out?? Is it standard operating procedure that YOU have to fix that those bogus charges??
              I think the reason they wanted me to call them is to expeite the process of getting the charges reversed. Netflix told me they where going to reverse it already and AOL cancelled the account. I think my CC Company might have refund me the rest of the charges though that AOL isnt'
              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
              X