Projector Hookup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projector Hookup

I would like to have a mounted projector which will be approx 100ft. from a computer. I am also interested in projecting text over live video. How is this done and what cables are necessary for this. Thanks.

DJ

100 ft away ... hmmmm ... you're options are extremely limited. I think there are some RGB(HV) cables that can go that long. You'd have to look around, but it will not be cheap no matter who you buy from.

The other option is optical, though all the video over optical systems I know of are proprietary and very expensive.

KvH or Greebe would be able to better shed light on the matter, but to my knowledge you're stuck with a custom RGB(HV) cable.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Milestek.com sells 100ft VGA cables. Get the ones with ferrites.

I was even able to order a 125ft from them. It had to be specially made though. We used them in a church installation.

Comment

I can get a 100 VGA cable but I have heard that VGA signals would be unusable at that length. Is this true? Also what about using S video?

DJ

Comment

Component video should work (basically 3x RCA, one for each color). I'm sure you can find some sort of switch that has DVI or VGA to component. (Component is popular for HDTV).
          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

VGA is perfectly fine at this length. Read carefully now.. I"VE DONE IT.

No more help for those who don't listen and don't appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
              VGA is perfectly fine at this length. Read carefully now.. I"VE DONE IT.

No more help for those who don't listen and don't appreciate it.
              You learn something new every day. Thanks for the info as always KvH!

Jammrock
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Know anything about comprehensive cables? Are they any good?

JTV

Comment

Working...
                X