Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laptop deal of the year? Ends 20 Oct @ 05:59...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop deal of the year? Ends 20 Oct @ 05:59...

Oh, and US (maybe Canada) only. Here's the pooper scooper, so lovingly ripped from FatWallet.com:

Offer Valid: 10/19/04 6:00am CST through 10/20/04 5:59am CST

[http://www.fatwallet.com/redirect/bo...e=10&subid</a>]
    ONLINE ONLY: Save $750 on select Inspiron notebook purchases $1500 or more (before tax and shipping)!*

*May not be combinable with Deals of the Week, dollars off, percentages off or select other promotions. Only one coupon may be applied per cart at checkout.

YOU CAN SAVE UP TO HALF OFF!
    Enter coupon code at checkout to receive this offer.
    Coupon Code: ZD5$P0NS954P16

The Home & Home Office site and offers contained herein valid only for end users and not for resellers and/or online auctions. Prices, specifications, availability and terms of offers may change without notice. Taxes, fees and shipping charges extra, and vary. U.S. Dell Home Systems Co. new purchases online only. Purchase limit of 5 systems per order, but coupon discount applies to only 1 system per cart. Dell cannot be responsible for pricing or other errors, and reserves the right to cancel orders arising from such errors.

Yes, that's right, spend $1500 on any Inspiron line laptop and get a $750 rebate. I configured:

Inspiron 8600

Pentium M 1.5 GHz 15.4" WXGA
    XP Home
    1 Yr ltd warranty
    512 MB RAM, 1 DIMM
    128 MB ATi Radeon Mobility 9600 PRO TURBO
    8x DVD
    30 GB HDD
    Internal Dell WiFi NIC

Entered and applied the code. Total: $777 + $49 shipping & handling, no tax, and the shipping has a MIR

Can you say ... DAAAAAAaaaayyyyYYYYMMMMMMNNNNNN!!!!oneoneoneONE!!! !!1111!!!!oneoneoneONE!

This is awefully tempting ... btw, all other rebates (minus the shipping MIR) are void with this offer. Meaning the price tag you see when configuring a laptop is not the price that the $750 is discounted from. As Dubyah says, "in other words, it's $750 of full retail, which is still an ass load of cash off."

People with less technical skills, or more paranoia, will want a better warranty, like the Plus warranty package.

Jammrock
    Last edited by Jammrock; 19 October 2004, 12:13.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

holy smokes!!!!!111oneoneONE

Comment

grrrr... show me a deal like that over here and i'll bite your hand off!
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

It's only valid for the XPS model at this point. All the previous models had expiration times earlier today.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
          grrrr... show me a deal like that over here and i'll bite your hand off!

Comment

now now Ayoub! I said hand!
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
            X