How to record public 1-on-1 interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to record public 1-on-1 interview

Two buddies and I will go out on a public, like the nearby shopping mall and will do random interviews. It will be an evangelism reachout, where we seek a person and ask them about their religion and teach them about christianity and all that good stuff.

I will take a lightweight tripod and my camcorder and 1 or 2 of the buddies will do the interview.

1) I've seen other videos online from christian website (forgot where) of their video recording of the interview. Do you normally ask the interviewee if you can record the interview first?

2) We have done the evangelism several times but this will be the first time with a camcorder. The video is to show our congregation and promote evangelism. How would you approach a person without intimidating them? We sure don't want people thinking we are soliciting them.

Thanks for your time.
    What I Did For Love
    Cerritos College Cal Poly Pomona San Luis Obispo Kwak KCCC

Oh and if you happen to know or find a similar video online (public interview), please let me know. Thank you.
    What I Did For Love
    Cerritos College Cal Poly Pomona San Luis Obispo Kwak KCCC

Comment

Where will you be conducting your interviews? If it's on a public street there shouldn't be any problem as long as you don't create a traffic hazard or start a riot. If it's in a mall, be sure to get the manager's permission first.

Be well dressed and smile a lot. Approach people with the line "we are conducting a poll to determine peoples' religious attitudes" or something similar, and ask beforehand "may we videotape your responses?" If they say no, ask your questions as you normally would and send them on their way. If they say yes, then after the questioning thank them profusely. If the video is to be used in any public venue or will be broadcast on public access tv, ask them to sign a release form which states in simple language that they are giving you non-exclusive permission to use their images and responses solely for the purposes of your video. It should also include a brief explaination of what the video is and how it will be used. If they don't want to sign, forget it. Don't make a fuss.

Try not to proselytize too much. Most people are turned off by that.

What am I missing?

Kevin

Comment

whatch out for backround noise...
        "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Working...
        X