No SIS A64 Socket 939 Mobo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No SIS A64 Socket 939 Mobo?

I was checking out the online retailers and I noticed that SIS doesnt offer a 939 socket board..are they planning on it?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

The only manufacturers who seem keen on their chipsets are the low end ones such as PC Chips, Jetway, ASRock etc, so if one does appear it will probably be very basic
    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Give it a bit of time there. There should be more soon.

J1NG

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
        The only manufacturers who seem keen on their chipsets are the low end ones such as PC Chips, Jetway, ASRock etc, so if one does appear it will probably be very basic
        I'd avoid PC Chips and Jetway, but ASRock are supposed to be quite decent.
        Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Yup I've used Asrock in cheapo systems - no huge feature list but seem stable and reliable, which is what you want...

ECS has also been OK for me (my webserver is on one of their boards and has now been running 24/7 - apart from moving house - for 2 years or so with no problems), but between the two I'd go Asrock.
          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

You don't have to be British to reply to this thread but it seems to help
            When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

I WAS going to say something but, I have changed my mind
              Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

I think the sis 755fx 756 and 760 chipsets are capbable of being used with in socket 939 systems...but I don't know of any mobo's actually in production

Comment

normally SiS chipsets take a long time after the rest to hit the markets, but i am fine with it as they seem to have the least problems and are very stable if a bit slow in gaming. if you are not into overclocking, you could be very happy with SiS chipsets.

Asrock are a good cheaper solution, normally Giga-byte, MSI and Asus in that order would release SiS based motherboards after their usual offerings.
                  Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                  ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Off Topic: Everytime I see the word "Asrock" I think of an intestinal blockage..

Couldn't they have thought of a better name?

Comment

SiS chipsets are so much better than Ali and VIA's.

KvHagedorn: Asian company with low English skills. They've run banner advertisements with lines like "Why he look so surprise!"
                      Matrox G4x0 32mb SG RAM DVI

Comment

I think their latest is "Motherboards we know!" or something like that... Gotta love that engrish!

Comment

Re: No SIS A64 Socket 939 Mobo?

Originally posted by GT98
                          I was checking out the online retailers and I noticed that SIS doesnt offer a 939 socket board..are they planning on it?
                          ASROCK K8 Upgrade. Ships with S754 with a special upgrade socket for S939 (with additional S939 module). TBH, I haven't seen the S939 upgrade module yet.

Comment

Re: Re: No SIS A64 Socket 939 Mobo?

Originally posted by Kurt
                            ASROCK K8 Upgrade. Ships with S754 with a special upgrade socket for S939 (with additional S939 module). TBH, I haven't seen the S939 upgrade module yet.
                            Well I dont need anything soon...looking at next summer for a new PC if I'm lucky
                            Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: No SIS A64 Socket 939 Mobo?

Originally posted by GT98
                              Well I dont need anything soon...looking at next summer for a new PC if I'm lucky
                              then probably need not look at Asrock Upgrade Motherboards, i feel a bit uncomfortable about them.. if you are getting it, next summer there should be pci-express motherboards out in the market
                              Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                              ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Working...
                              X