g400max - dead fan... or dying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g400max - dead fan... or dying?

hey folks, just to check with all of you... initially i thought my g400max's fan was underpowered by my puny 300w max power supply unit... so i went to get a new 410w max power supply by compucase/hec/heroichi (3 names, same company), and because when my winxp crashed on me, windows said it was the driver's fault. i just reinstalled the WHQL approved 5.92.006 drivers... but the fan still died after a while!

any one else of you had dying/dead fans, and what did you do to come over the problem? thanks in advance!

Yes, that fan does tend to die eventually. Any Pentium fan will probably do. Vinyl screws.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

yeah, the fan on my G400MAX died, replaced with a blue orb thing or something, but I can't find those anymore. You could get a Tt crystal orb or something, they are still available in lots of places and aren't too costly.
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

thanks folks, for your replies

Comment

Working...
        X