Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

final rendering in ULEAD video studio 6 .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• final rendering in ULEAD video studio 6 .

Hello there !
    I have a matrox marvell g200 since 98 and i love it. I always used ulead media studio to edit my home video.

In version 5.2, at the end of the work, you could render the video file with out waiting the complete process. In other words; ulead was rendering only transition effects and the waiting time was very very short.

Now with ulead video studio 6 there is no way (for me) to render only the transition effects and have a VERY SLOW render time during the creation of the video file. Ums 6 render the file complitely, from beginning to end.

In preview mode ulead 6 work great; it render just what was changed.

But when I create the final file... ooohhh !! I have to wait and wait.

Is it possible to fix this problem ? Why 5.2 and 6 works in a different way ?

PS: of course when i create the final avi file, i chose the same exactly format and parameter i used in the timeline. So way does it render the file again ?

thanks in advance

Massimo from Italy

PS: A lot of compliments to Dr Mordrid for your always clear explanations of matrox misterius.

[This message has been edited by maximo4usa (edited 22 January 2001).]

I guess it depends on what you mean by final render; is it rendering every frame? MSP6 (with the mk2 patch), when I'm working with DV, seems to render in second by second "bursts". I think this has something to do with matching audio and video.

But it certainly doesn't re-render every frame. One of the things I liked about MSP, as you said, was the fact that when working with MJPEG (no conversion to another codec) the smart render process just rendered the transitions.

That's something to look at it - you're sure smart render is enabled?

- Aryko

Comment

For final render i mean the creation of the avi file in mjpeg codec.

Yes, during the editing is very good; the preview is fast (even in best quality) becouse ulead prepare temp file only for the transition and the audio track (unfortunately , the complete audio track, otherwise you get the error "multiple file playback error" )

Regarding the "smart render" option: it does not work correctly in my system if i use mjpeg as codec. I never tried with other codec.

Example : I have my video on the timeline; add some transitions, cut ecc ecc. Hit preview. Ulead render just "what you add or changed" and then boooom: you have your video running. It's time to create the avi file. Go to menu' file, create video, chose the same setting and wait wait wait. You can see the preview window that render the file frame by frame, even parts that you did not touch.

Using ulead version 5.2 was diffent. The preview and the creation of the file were working with the same logic.

So what can i do ??

Is it working for you ?Maybe i have somthing wrong in ulead32.ini... i don't know.

Comment

The error: "...multiple file error..." is often caused by the ULEAD32.INI file, in the \WINDOWS map.

You should mark out the line:

PlayDll6=C:\PROGRAM\MATROX~1\MCLPlugin.dll

like the last row below:

[Playback]
        RenderAudio=1
        PlayDll7=U32mpb.dll
        PlayDll8=U32mpbm.dll
        PlayDll9=Upbplug2.dll
        ;;PlayDll6=C:\PROGRAM\MATROX~1\MCLPlugin.dll

Fred H
        It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
        ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks for your reply Fred H, but this is not what i was asking for.
          I don't have that kind of problem (multiple file playback error).

My problem is described in the previous post.

Thanks

Can someone help me ?

do you have the same problem ?

Comment

Maximo4usa,

here is probably the answer to your problem.

http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum2/HTML/005510.html

Comment

Thanks but it did not help.

Can someone out there help me to understand why PREVIEW is working perfectly and CREATION of avi file is working but rendering the video again from beginning to end ?

Is this the way is supposed to be ?

PS : Dr Mordrid I NEED YOUR HELP !!!

Comment

First I'll restate the obvious just in case;

When you go to create your video file you have to enable smart render for saving the video manually.

Browse to the File/Create/Video file/Options/Video Editor tab and check the box that says "Perform SmartRender".

That said is it possible there is a slight frame rate difference in your clips? This can trigger a full render. Also make 100% certain there is no difference in the clip properties and the project settings. This can be a big problem when using the built-in DV presets.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Thanks Doc for your responce,
                  The few times i used the smart render option with mjpeg codec, the video quality was drasticaly poor and so i never used again.

Could you send me your ulead32.ini file so i can compare with mine ?

Thanks.

maximo4usa@excite.com

Comment

The only differences between my ulead32.ini file and the "standard" MSPro6 installation is the disabling of the Matrox Marvel's cutlist driver and the enabling of the Advanced MPEG options. Those and the extra entries for Cool3D 3.0, PhotoImpact, VideoStudio5 and GIF Animator.

The purpose of the latter is obvious. The former's purpose is to allow one to use the OpenGL without a rendering error since the Matrox cutlist driver isn't OpenGL compatable.

Here's what the related entries look like;

[VIODRIVER]
                    Advance=1

[Playback]
                    ;PlayDll1=C:\PROGRA~1\MATROX~2\MCLPlugin.dll

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 22 January 2001).]

Comment

Thanks doc,
                      i'll try tonight and then let you know :-)

PS: I have a marvel g200 and you ? I also have an option (in ulead32.ini) that say "renderaudio=1" or i get an error message that say "multiplefile playback error" . Did you find another way around this bug ? or just forget to mention it ?

Max

[This message has been edited by maximo4usa (edited 22 January 2001).]

Comment

Please can anyone help

I have the same problem, no matter what I do I cannot get Smart Render to work. Everytime I create file it re renders the complete project. Can anyone please give me some step by step instructions on how to use this function. Previews work great.

Comment

maximo4usa:

I'm italian too .. I don't know why i'm writing in english but I continue.

Write to my email address ... we can change some suggentions in our original language ... for me is better !!!

Ciao.
                          ;o)
                          Visit my site and please ... leave a message !

http://glbpro.tripod.com

Comment

Just in case it is something simple overlooked.
                            If an 'empty' time slot is deleted near the begging of the timeline, then all customised clips after that will be re-rendered.

------------------

Comment

Working...
                            X