I need a cheap case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a cheap case

but not really rubbish. Somewhere like dabs etc (uk based), for athlon xp system - currently will be onboard graphics/sound etc.

any ideas
    hmmmmm

If you can find EnLight, they have cheap cases that come with power supplies. Usually around $55 USD..

If you're looking for something a bit better, the Cooler Master Centurion 5 is nice and comes with a 350 W power supply. Runs around $80 USD.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Yeah, Enlight is the best quality you can buy when on a budget...I have two such cases and they have nice features like drive rails along with very capable PSUs.
      All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

cheers guys - ill see what i can find of thiers over here
        hmmmmm

Comment

Dab's used to sell Enlight cases, failing that I can give you a list of Distributors if that's any use
          When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Bibble - I just got this from Dabs for £26, for use in a system exactly as you describe.

It's well made - just one thumb screw removes the top and then you lift the sides up to remove them. There are a couple of optical drive covers, front USB and audio, and an extractor fan in the roof. No sharp edges inside.

The only possible downside is I don't believe the 400W rating. iirc 3.3V and 5V add up to ~155W. No problems running an XP2500+, DVD-RW & 2*HDD though.

The PSU has a 120mm fan on the bottom, and none on the rear, so its all fairly quiet. A mains lead is included.

The 'oval' shape on the front is lit very bright blue, but looks fairly cool.

HTH

T.
            FT.

Comment

Aopen make very decent cases pretty cheap. The QFxx line uses Component Pro PSU while the H500/H600/H700 use the Fortron Source ones (usually the case + PSU comes at the same price as the single FSP PSU...).

Comment

I just built a computer using an aopen h500b from pc next day. It's very high quality with thumbscrews, a 300w powersupply with a 120mm fan (is driving an amd 64 and 9800 pro etc) and an air intake directly over the cpu. It also comes with a speed controlled 80mm fan too. http://www.pcnextday.co.uk/product_d..._site=dealtime
                Dell Inspiron 8200
                Pentium4m 1.6
                640mb pc2100
                64mb gf440go
                15" uxga ultrasharp
                40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

I am still using an aopen hx08 case from 6 years ago(maybe older ) ....
                  The drive bays and sliding motherboard tray are well made.

The original 300watt psu died a valiant death....4 power hungry scsi drives, 2 optical drives, and the ultra thirsty 1.4G athlon was just to much for it..

Well worth the dollars, full tower with a built in theft prevention system...its Fecking heavy

Comment

Fecking huge too

Comment

Cheers guys - spondiferous
                      hmmmmm

Comment

I wouldn't use the Enlight PSUs. We used to have a few cases that came with the PSUs and all of them blew. No hardware lost besides the PSUs, but I wouldn't take any risks.
                        Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                        Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Enlight used to have problems with fans failing in the PSU.

Comment

Working...
                          X