Recommend a Webcam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend a Webcam?

Gonna be planted on a 2001fp. Picture quality in lit/dark rooms is the utmost priority. Driver issues are also on the radar...

So what are you going to be doing in darkly lit rooms that you want broadcasted?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Depends on what type of party you're looking for...

Comment

Best image quality would prabably be achieved by using a miniDV camcorder. I think THG have a piece about how to do this.

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

You might want to look into firewire cams in general.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I'm with az, there is no such thing as a good webcam IMHO. I use my crappy old school analog camcorder and it blows away even the best webcams out there. Not to mention the zooming is so much better.
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

The Apple one seems pretty cool. That's why I suggested FireWire.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

The apple one is one of the best webcams, but a used miniDV cam will still blow it to pieces.

AZ

Comment

so how much are miniDV cams?
                  The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

A lot more

Well, maybe only more than the apple cam

AZ

Comment

Just saw this over at Tom's Hardware:

Trash that Webcam, Mount a Camcorder
                      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

just to throw a webcam name up (since you actually said you are looking at webcams )

- Logitech Webcam Pro 4000

i believe it comes with a clip to fix on LCD monitors, drivers not too shabby and should fit your requirements.

if possible try it out at the retail shop or if any of your friends have one, before buying it.
                        Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                        ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Did you get one? A friend is looking for a recommendation. In this case simplicity and robustness of operation win out over features iykwim
                          FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone
                            Did you get one? A friend is looking for a recommendation. In this case simplicity and robustness of operation win out over features iykwim
                            I've got a Sweex USB Mini-Webcam acting as a security camera. It's hopeless in twilight and the motion sensing software isnt the best, but for a tenner you cant go far wrong.
                            It's already supplied the police with the registration numbers of two of my theiving neighbours cars
                            Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Working...
                            X