MURC CS:S Server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MURC CS:S Server?

Now that CS:Source is out, how about setting up a MURC CS:S Server?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

I was about to suggest the same thing but I can't run a server on my ISP
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I am willing to do so, but I only have a 1024/256 connection
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I could set up something small, but my server is only a P3-600. I think my upload rate is somewhere around 384k. Do you think that would handle around 8 players?
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I've set up a test server at agallagh42.dyndns.org. Just ping that for current IP (it shouldn't change too often). It's currently limited to 8 players. Password is "murc", all lowercase. Let me know how it works.

I'm messing with config right now too, so it may not be terribly stable for a while.
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

got to buy the package first

Comment

bought Silver! CS rules

So how about a tourney?

Comment

wow .. This game runs nice and smooth on Parhelia ... cant wait for the Half-Life 2
                2 x Opteron 270 • Tyan K8WE • 8Gb Kingston HyperX • 2 x BFG 7900GTX SLI • Matrox TH2G • Areca SATA RAID • 4 x WD RaptorX RAID6 • Creative X-FI Elite Pro • Klipsch 5.1 Ultra • PC P&C 1KW PSU • 3 x Samsung 19" LCD • The System is Fully Water Cooled

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
                  I've set up a test server at agallagh42.dyndns.org. Just ping that for current IP (it shouldn't change too often). It's currently limited to 8 players. Password is "murc", all lowercase. Let me know how it works.

I'm messing with config right now too, so it may not be terribly stable for a while.
                  sweet, I will check it out asap, which may be tomorrow
                  Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I'm still not sure I've got it set up right, but I'll leave it running for now. Let me know if you can get in and play...

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
                      I'm still not sure I've got it set up right, but I'll leave it running for now. Let me know if you can get in and play...
                      gonna try and join it right now. I'll report back....
                      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

hmmm, can't ping the name or IP?

Comment

Ok, just checked it out. It works fine. The ping is a little high for me, but it's not too bad. I average 130ms or so. It is NOT password protected though. Not sure if you turned it off or not. I didn't have any problems in the 10 minutes I spent on it. Now all we need is some MURCers to get in the game

BTW, I usually play between 7-11pm PST. That is GMT-8.

Comment

Damn, forgot to put the password back on. The password is once again "murc". I had left it running, and didn't realize anyone was actually on. I just went through the log, and saw you were playing with a couple of 14 year olds for a while

They're still in there, by the way.

Comment

haha, yeah, they asked me to leave, LMAO! They said, "uh, me and my buddy wnat to play one on one, so we need you to leave". I was like, "no, this is my buddies server", "oh, k". Then I told them it might be password protected in 15 minutes and they wanted the password lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X