asua a7n8x-e problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asua a7n8x-e problem

I have two SATA drives and one normal IDE drive.
    The SATA volume has the boot partition on it, but whenever I add the IDE disk to the computer, it tries to boot from it rather than the SATA disk. I have disabled the boot from disk0 in the BIOS but it still happens. Any tips?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Boot order in BIOS?
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

If i disable all the boot options then nothing boots.
      If i enable 'other boot device' then the SATA boots, however the IDE disk always takes priority for some reason.

I only need to get it to work once so that I can get data off this disk. I tried hot pluging the disk in, but I can't get XP to see it
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Bios update?.............
        Lawrence

Comment

no I am not using the latest BIOS. I am using 1011. rev 1012 is out. I'll check the changelog of the new BIOS to see if there is anything relevant.

Comment

the changelog just says support for the semperon CPUs

Comment

got it. I have to set the first boot device as SCSI.

cheers lads!

Comment

Working...
              X