Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

damn my degree course has been cancelled!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damn my degree course has been cancelled!

A degree course in surf management which was criticised as a "Mickey Mouse" degree has been dropped.
    Swansea Institute said it had pulled the BA in surf and beach management to protect its image.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

It's sad when the crest of British education becomes breaking news like this.

Students will hardly know if they're coming or going - and will alternative courses help them keep their finances afloat?
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

We have a local Uni here which runs a similar Course. It seeemed quite legitmate as a big component was wave erosion and polulation pressures on keeping beach and coatsal enivorments intact as well as the surf management side.

But we actually have beaches

Comment

Swansea's beaches are actually quite nice. It is a popular location for surfing/windsurfing.
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

And all the guys never had trouble finding their way home afterwards - they had a healthy all-over glow.

Swansea bay is not the cleanest. Although to be fair none of the surfers I knew at Uni actually died of a sea-related poisoning incident.

I spose when you go around the coast a little it gets beter. And then you just have the rain to contend with.

Uberlad (Proud Swansea Graduate)(albeit not with a Mickey Mouse degree)
          -------------------------
          8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
          5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

Swansea's alright - my ex was from there and I've spent a few Saturdays down at the Mumbles... good ice cream Don't think I'd want to surf there though, particularly with Port Talbot watching over!
            DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I was there on Sunday for the 10K run... It was amazing how many women hadn't heard of a sports bra!
              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Pictures?

Comment

it was appaling weather - i didn't dare using my camera. After 5mins I put away my umbrella and stood in the rain for a further 90mins. I was that wet.

Now if only I had got my camera out, we'd have pictures of big breasted ladies bouncing around with wet t-shirts

I'm gonna go next year....

Comment

Working...
                  X