Rodney Dangerfield dies....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodney Dangerfield dies....

One of my favorites. Who can forget his saying of "I don't get no respect" and his performances in "Caddy Shack", "Back to School" and "Easy Money"?

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 5 October 2004, 20:29.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

No! Say it isn't so!!!

So sad. I recall how feeble he looked when I last saw him "perform". I'm pretty sure it was an 80th birthday party for him and he managed to get to the mike at the end of the ceremonies and belt out a short routine ... always the professional. I always had respect for the "I don't get no respect" man.
    Last edited by xortam; 5 October 2004, 20:37.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

The great ones are slipping away one by one...

Don't see anyone capable of stepping up to replace them.

Kevin

Comment

"I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He told me I was being ridiculous -- everyone hadn't met me yet."

"Oh, when I was a kid in show business, I was poor. I used to go to orgies to eat the grapes."

"Last week I told my psychiatrist, 'I keep thinking about suicide.' He told me from now on I have to pay in advance."

"Oh, when I was a kid, I was poor. We were so poor, when my father died they asked my mother, 'Paper or plastic?' "

"My wife is the worst cook in the world, At my house, we pray after we eat."

Despite his infirmities, he said he hoped to go on living. "There are too many people out there who owe me money."

LOL - Way to go Rodney

Comment

He made us all laugh because he joked about the same insecurities we all have sometimes. He connected.

Rest in Peace.. it was all worthwhile.
          Last edited by KvHagedorn; 5 October 2004, 20:57.

Comment

How sad RIP

When I was a kid, I loved watching back to School. Sorry to see him go...
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Damn shame. I know he didn't look so good before/after his heart surgery, but I was really hoping he'd pull through.
              Bart

Comment

He was awesome...I never knew he was so old. Rest in Peace.
                All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Working...
                X