RRG USERS - DONT INSTALL NEW DRIVERS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RRG USERS - DONT INSTALL NEW DRIVERS!

The new drivers will screw up your win2k RRG totally. they kept rebooting my system. I STILL can't get the damn tuner working after uninstalling all the matrox sh*t!!!! aRGGG

you've been warned!

Don't you think that Matrox has a reason for not releasing these drivers for Marvels and RR-G combos ???

They offer PD5.06.031 beta instead.
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

YES!!

Unless a driver is specifically listed as being for a Marvel, RRG or whatever don't use them.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

That being said, for the adventurous (read system savy, and not using their system for production video), I did a full uninstall of the Matrox drivers, installed the new Win2K drivers (5.55), then the enhanced dual display, and the beta VT's. It works perfect. I can even capture full-frame NTSC - 30 or 29.97 with VirtualDub or PC-VCR in 800x600, 1024x768, AND 1600x1200 desktop resolutions! I did find one minor problem in that you have to ensure that the driver is properly released by the capture tool, otherwise playback will have the green flashes. Once the driver has been release (re-initialize by running PC-VCR, loading a clip, STOPPING it, then exiting PC-VCR), no more green flashes. This has only been tested on short clips (less then 5 minutes) in all resolutions. Most importantly, VirtualDub does NOT crash my machine on exit anymore.

My Win2K is now actually pretty usable for video (for a whole day now!). Hopefully the new VT's will be even better!

Comment

DrBob

The bit about not crashing the capture application on exit bodes well for my sanity - glad to hear things are moving in the right direction.

------------------
          Lawrence
          Lawrence

Comment

The fact that it works so smoothly (for me) starts me wondering whether this is the driver base for the VT's scheduled for release in May

Comment

DrBoB,
              Could you explain what proper driver release means?

Also, were these captures in MJPEG, or uncompressed?

John

Comment

These captures were MJPeg. I didn't try using uncompressed yet. I will when I get home.

As for properly released, I mean that sometimes explorer or a capture program doesn't propperly release the MJPEG decompressor, as such I get green flashes when watching the captured video. If you force an initialization and release of the driver by using the procedure I listed above, the decompressor is properly initialized when you start to play a new video - no green flashes.

Comment

Excellent! One step closer to obliterating 98SE. (Good riddance)

John

Comment

After reading that it was possible that this would work I tried it. Unfortunatly, its not quite working. the TV tuner is only able to display in the top left corner of the monitor and its elongated horizontally. Too bad, I was really really REALLY looking forward to using that second 19" Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900u

Did you do anything special that you can think of that might result in your's working?

my comp...
                    P3-700 on abit BX6-2 rv2
                    256mb PC133 Corsair ram
                    2x 18.3gb WD 10k rpm Ultra2Wide SCSI's on Adaptec 2940u2w
                    sb live

Comment

Nothing special, just did a full uninstall. I am using a 16-bit desktop. Haven't tried 32-bit as that initially didn't work with the old drivers. I have done successful RGB captures as well, although I'm said to report I have had a few reboots during all the testing (mostly due to something not fully releasing the driver I think), but I've had substantially fewer lockups/reboots. Hopefully I'll be able to reduce those further as I analyze more carefully when the lockups occur.

Comment

hmm... I haven't tried running at 16bit... worth another try I guess

Comment

d'oh! Still no change. Guess I'll have to wait until those new video tools...

Comment

Working...
                          X