Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to review my video card options again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to review my video card options again...

Something in the $130 range, with VIVO so I can capture video from my analog Sony Handycam.

It looks like I may be able to get either a 256MB 9600 VIVO, or a 128MB 9600XT VIVO for close to that range...what are my other options?

AIW 9800?

J1NG

Comment

Originally posted by J1NG
      AIW 9800?

J1NG
      Well, 1 - they're over $200, and 2 - I don't need the AIW part of it since I already have a seperate TV tuner card.

Comment

You said with VIVO, you never mentioned that you had a tuner card already. So you really don't need the VIVO unless you just really need the VO (video output) ?
        Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
        MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
        Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
        Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Originally posted by mmp121
          You said with VIVO, you never mentioned that you had a tuner card already. So you really don't need the VIVO unless you just really need the VO (video output) ?
          Well, I do want VIVO on it since my TV Tuner card has poor capturing performance for some reason. The one built into my ATi card is better.

Comment

maybe you can find a 9700 Pro AIW on ebay. Otherwise what you've listed above is plenty good.
            Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
            MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
            Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
            Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Then... ??? Why... ???

Well OK, the price is over your limit. Fine. So I'm not good at currency conversion. It just looks cheap here in £.

And, um, doesn't AIW == VIVO? What exactly do you want and not want? All I know right now is a new gfx card...

J1NG

Comment

Then... ??? Why... ???

Well OK, the price is over your limit. Fine. So I'm not good at currency conversion. It just looks cheap here in £.

And, um, doesn't AIW == VIVO? What exactly do you want and not want? All I know right now is a new gfx card...

J1NG
                Well, yes AIW = VIVO. But it's VIVO + Tuner + remote, etc.

Comment

So... You want the AIW, but without the remote + tuner? But... Aren't all cards like the AIW now? That is with tuner? (Maybe not a remote, but a tuner surely?) Or am I too much out of the loop with the VIVO side of graphics card of late?

Anyway, with the price, I'd go with that 9600XT if you can't get a secondhand 9800/9700 AIW. I don't think that 256MB is doing much on that 9600.

J1NG

Comment

So... You want the AIW, but without the remote + tuner?
                    Well, it's not an AIW if it doesn't have those. VIVO cards are fairly common, and much cheaper than AIW cards.

Anyway, with the price, I'd go with that 9600XT if you can't get a secondhand 9800/9700 AIW. I don't think that 256MB is doing much on that 9600.

J1NG
                    Ok, cool.

Any decent NVIDIA options?

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino

Ok, cool.

Any decent NVIDIA options?
                      Keep away from any NVIDIA based solutions (for multimedia/capture). I don't think their solutions (FX5700) based are very powerful for 3D graphics.
                      Go Bunny GO!

Titan:

Mini:

Server:

Comment

Nvidia is not the way it's meant to be played VIVO.

ATi AIW. And drop the TV card on ebay...

Comment

You can get ATi 9600 Pro's for under $120 USD. This one even comes with 256 MB RAM in retial box:

Jammrock
                          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt
                            Nvidia is not the way it's meant to be played VIVO.

ATi AIW. And drop the TV card on ebay...
                            I just might.

Comment

Working...
                            X