X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G2oo Tech demo on a G450?

Can it be done? If so... how?

Any nice tricks?

Umm try do'n a search here...I think this came up a um /... couple'a years ago??... I do remeber the one with the old "I promise I'll buy a (insert card name hear) workaround......oh.. and "buy" the way I think thre have been some more "tech Demos" released since then in the video whole world......

yours truley,
    me

Comment

capt. marvel You are wrong & You are right. Wrong couse G200 TechDemo cannot be started cosue it's testing directly hardware by chipset S/N. Right couse "I promise I'll buy..." was function too run TechDemo, but G400 TechDemo, not G200 For more info about G400 TechDemo go to my matrox related website at : http://nicram.3rror.com/content.php?article.17 .
      A CRAY is the only computer that runs an endless loop in just 4 hours...

Comment

how bout w/ 3d analyze??

Comment

Dumb Matrox I wanna see the darn demo

Comment

DUmb because you're trying to run a hardware demo on hardware that it was not designed for?

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
              DUmb because you're trying to run a hardware demo on hardware that it was not designed for?
              Eeeeh...? G450 is a LATER product than G200 and so should be able to run an demo made for G200 no??

So...
              Last edited by Buzz76; 3 October 2004, 14:10.

Comment

I think G200 demo use some optimisation that are compatible only with G200 so it's understandable why they make such situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz76
                  Eeeeh...? G450 is a LATER product than G200 and so should be able to run an demo made for G200 no??

So...
                  Not if it was coded for the specific hardware like Nicram said.

Comment

Well i don't buy it.

If thats the case I would wery much like another example.
                    If you download any older ATi or nVidia demo, you can be sure it will function on newer hardware from them, or am I mistaken?

Me thinks all the proggie does, is checking if you have a G200 or not and not beeing foresighted enough to just check if it is Matrox hardware or not.
                    If it weren't for the sillymade check, all Matrox cards over the G200 would run the demo just fine.

Thats my bet... but offcourse... i have been wrong before

Comment

Oh Buzzzzzzzz. If there are very specific for G200 instructions, that are not working by standard DirectX or OpenGL, but work with only G200 drivers & hardware, then TechDemo is special for G200 right ? So why they should make it run on all other Matrox hardware ? Then thos einstructions cannot be run & demo will look little other. For example, Parhelia TechDemos are fine. Some of them use DisplacementMapping. But remember, that Parhelia got DirectX8.1 drivers. So... DirectX8.1 don't even support DisplacementMapping. So how the demos with that worked ? Well, they used special instructions that are ONLY with Parhelia drivers & hardware... So in future, any other card will not work with those TevhDemos. The same may be with G200, but i can't tell for 100% sure, couse i never had G200 & i never checked how this demo loooks like.

Comment

Matrox had a special SDK for the G200 that enabled gamedevelopers to make games that talked directly to the HW wich would make the G200 faster,
                        like GLIDE for 3Dfx cards
                        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Nicram
                          Oh Buzzzzzzzz. If there are very specific for G200 instructions, that are not working by standard DirectX or OpenGL, but work with only G200 drivers & hardware, then TechDemo is special for G200 right ? So why they should make it run on all other Matrox hardware ? Then thos einstructions cannot be run & demo will look little other. For example, Parhelia TechDemos are fine. Some of them use DisplacementMapping. But remember, that Parhelia got DirectX8.1 drivers. So... DirectX8.1 don't even support DisplacementMapping. So how the demos with that worked ? Well, they used special instructions that are ONLY with Parhelia drivers & hardware... So in future, any other card will not work with those TevhDemos. The same may be with G200, but i can't tell for 100% sure, couse i never had G200 & i never checked how this demo loooks like.
                          Ok great... won't argue with noone of you on that...

But back to my initial query: Can you make it work? F.eks a wrapper? There are wrappers made to run 3dfx Glide stuff on "regular" cards so...

Comment

I dont think anyone developed a wrapper for G200, although it was a pretty popular card in those days. There weren't any games specifically developed for G200 IIRC...

Comment

Technoid: i remember documents with Matrox Graphic Library or something like that

Buzz: i never see anything like wraper or something for G200 to later

Comment

Working...
                              X