rear speakers not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear speakers not working?

Ok, so I have an Asus A7n8x deluxe. Nforce 2 chipset.

I have a 5.1 analog speaker set.

My motherboard/onboard sound only seems to support quad speakers. That's fine.

I previously had it set up to be in quad mode, which gave L & R stereo front (the center channel is a matrix of those), and the rear L & R were just clones of what the fronts did.

I recently updated my Nforce chipset drivers. It's still set in quad mode, volume all the way up on all of them, but I can't seem to get anything more than a feint whisper out of the rear speakers. Any ideas?

Ok...it gives me all 4 speakers in WMP...

Comment

I've had difficulty getting more than four speakers on this chipset. I have a Cambridge SoundWorks DTT3500 5.1 set but I am only using it in stereo at the moment.

When I moved I only bothered to connect just the two speakers.
      Which drivers are you using?
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Well, it claims I have DX 9d. (WTF? does that exsist), Mixer version 1.0, audio driver v 4.42

Basically whatever the newest version was a week ago.

Comment

cool. I visited the Asus site but they have old nforce2 drivers there. I had 3.3 installed on my system, but according the the nVidia website, there is a version 5.x out.

I'm at work now so I can't be more specific, but i will install them tonight.
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I don't remember which drivers I'm using on my a7n8x-e (but I think they were from nVidia's website a couple of months ago). I didn't have a problem with speaker configuration on this release, but I do recall that earlier versions needed you to run the speaker setup wizard to get it configured correctly; just making the settings manually would mess up the rear speakers and the centre speaker. (I'm using Creative 5.1 4400's iirc).

HTH.
            FT.

Comment

My speakers have always been a PITA to get working thought the SPDIF. I'll try with the new drivers tonight. Gives me an excuse to get the drill out and mount them babies

Comment

I ran through the wizard, but no luck.

Comment

Still no dice. Best I can do in winamp is have the rear speakers driven IF I enable silly effects in the nvidia options.

Comment

Working...
                  X