The wireless wire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wireless wire?

Pretty stupid problem and not so easy solution, I suppose.

In the new house I'll have the phone plug very far from the PC room. Now, I can't drill holes in the walls nor I want to have kmeters of wire going arond the house...so, anyone know if there is a way to "wireless" the phone plug?

I don't want to use wireless ADSL, 'cause it would be a mess and an excessive expense...
    Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

There are other wireless systems (mostly DECT-based), but these are proprietary and expensive.

The cheapest option really is a WLAN ADSL router.

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

There are some phones here that have multiple handsets and charging stations. You plug in the main station with it's handset near the jack and put the additional charging station and handset in the computer room. Maybe something like that.

Comment

What High_Jumbllama said, but DON'T go with Phillips. You'll regret it.
        Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Just run the kilometers of wire.

Comment

satellite tv phone line through existing ac outlet converter thing.......direct tv and the like need phone line conectivity and they sell a kit to run a phone line thru AC outlet

Comment

this would probably be too expensive for you but hey, you might just like it!

Comment

Yeah, what ayoub suggested is good, too. I think in the US there is cheaper stuff to do this, but I reckon it won't work in europe because we wire things differently. Or something.

AZ

Comment

I'll probably go for the kilometer of wire, then.
                  To set up an ADSL router I'd need 250 € of hardware (that is, a huge part of my wage), to change my ADSL account (that is a couple of month of time), and buy something to hide the wireless box (the phone plug is into the house main room).

Thx all
                  Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

You can get the hardware for half of that from here, and why would you need to change your account? There's certainly no technical reason. Also, the Devolo set is 100 EUR and should work with any Ethernet modem (there's also a set that doubles as a USB cable).

Off to uni (YAAAY!!! )

AZ

Comment

Working...
                    X