The coke man must die!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The coke man must die!!!

So I am sitting here with (hopefully) about 7-8 hours left in my 24 hour work shift. a few minutes ago I decided that I needed some caffiene to help carry me through this, and being the fool I am I decided to trust the vending machine in the office with my pocket change. So... *clink-clink* in goes the change... I hit the Dr. Pepper button and one *thunk-thunk* later I am staring at a Nestea Cool Lemon Iced Tea can.

WTF??

THE COKE MAN MUST DIE!!!!!
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Since when is Dr Pepper a Coca Cola product

Comment

Dr. Pepper is acctually neither a Coke or Pepsi product. last I saw, it was independently manufactured and it was entirely up to the distributor if they will sell it or not.

availability comes down to city/state/region markets - some places both the coke and pepsi distributors will sell it, and in some places only one will sell it. franchises that do a lot of soda sales (like say movie theaters or fast food restraunts) are often limited as to which vendor they can purchase syrup from, and get tied to whatever they sell. around here most restraunts that sell coke products stock Mr. Pibb instead, and most of the ones that stock Pepsi products sell Dr. Pepper. There are exceptions though - I have seen Dr. Wells or Cherry Pepsi substituted for Dr. Pepper and the closest Burger King uses coke products and stocks Dr. Pepper....

it just all depends on the contracts...

EDIT: ANNNYWAYS.... the vending machine guy is an ****ole for putting Iced Tea instead of Dr. Pepper and deserves to pay for it! Maybe this belongs under the Idiots thread?
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Well, the solution is simple, then. Get camoed up, camp by the machine with your assault rifle, and when he shows up, empty your weapon into him.

Better yet, shoot the lock off the coke machine and then swap your Nestea for a Dr Pepper.. Wait.. that would be vandalism. You're right.. the Coke man must die..

Comment

for some reason I was having thoughts along the lines of securing a claymore inside the coke machine...

going for the nonviolent route, the lock is one of the integrated round locks, not an external padlock... otherwise I believe that the pair of bolt cutters that resides in one of our offices would have been put to good use already...

Comment

If it has external hinges that bolt cutter could still work, but a little C4 would be more fun

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

mhmm it would be good practice of my ability to set up and employ field expedient breaching charges... shouldn't even need any bricks of C4 - detcord and some duct tape should do the trick

Comment

Re: The coke man must die!!!

Originally posted by DGhost
                I hit the Dr. Pepper button and one *thunk-thunk* later I am staring at a Nestea Cool Lemon Iced Tea can.
                Buy a Nestea Cool Lemon Iced Tea ?

THE COKE MAN MUST DIE!!!!!
                Perhaps he got distracted by all the women looking at him?
                (o wait, that was Cola Light!)

Jörg
                pixar
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

You got screwed, Dr.Pepper is sooooooooooooo good, and so rare in Quebec.
                  Titanium is the new bling!
                  (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Dr. Pepper clone: mix Cherry Coke (or Pepsi + some maraschino cherry juice if that's your preference) and Sarsaparilla (or A&W Root Beer)....proportions to taste because of regional blend differences.

Some prefer to use Cherry 7-UP instead of colas because it doesn't have a cola flavor.

Dr. Mordrid
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 27 September 2004, 07:05.
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Becareful with the C4, or you might shake up your Dr.Pepper.
                      "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

yaaarrr!!!!

sleep time!

Comment

There's plenty of stuff around at the moment regarding picking a cylinder lock with a Bic pen.

Comment

Yeah....but that takes all the fun out of it

Dr. Mordrid
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Try your , now useless, krptonite bike lock key......

Comment

Working...
                              X