Quick Cook Freeze Dried Vegetables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Cook Freeze Dried Vegetables

Just the vegies not the soup mixes or other pre-meals. Anyone recommend some online stores where I can buy them?

Thanks,
    Thien
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

as in the crap in pot noodles?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I suppose, yeah. Or the stuff in MREs.
      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

MRE??? ready to eat meals?
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Backpacking. I mix my own meals instead of buying those pre-made packs.

Comment

cool! I just bring beer when I go backpacking

Comment

I would, but too heavy and sometimes we go to places where water is important and carrying something that causes dehydration isn't good.

When we get back though...

Comment

try REI. BTW, i think MREs are something like 60 % fats....
                you could try making your own pemmican (sp?) instead.

Comment

www.wildoats.com sells a lot of their stuff, including dried food, in bulk.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

One and a half year later my wish has come true!

New Seasons, an Oregon chain similar to Wild Oats, carries Just Tomatoes which makes freeze dried stuff. Kinda spendy but better than those pre-made soup mixes with crap loads of salt and other preservatives.

They also have raspberries.... freeze-dried raspberries are soooo good. If any of you guys backpack and can't bring along a lot of fresh stuff, the freeze-dried variants are a great option as they retain their nutrional value and a good amount of the flavor.

Comment

Prefer dried cranberries, raisins, oats & cashews myself when it comes to field snacks

Dr. Mordrid
                      Dr. Mordrid
                      ----------------------------
                      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                      X