Say it isn't SO.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say it isn't SO.....

Interstate Bakeries, the makers of Twinkies and Wonder Bread, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy;

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Caught up in the low carb craze?
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

I have a cousin who worked at Wonder Bread 34 years ago.
      We went in at night and he grabbed a couple of loaves right out of the oven.
      That white bread was really good while it was hot
      And really bad after about 15 minutes
      Chuck
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Mismanaged accounting and competition.

I've worked on some of their bakery equipment and if you saw what I did you wouldn't eat anything coming from them either. I doubt they ever cleaned anything, nasty.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
          Mismanaged accounting and competition.

I've worked on some of their bakery equipment and if you saw what I did you wouldn't eat anything coming from them either. I doubt they ever cleaned anything, nasty.
          Care to elaborate on that?

Comment

The only thing Wonder Bread was good for was having fun rolling it up into a ball. I wouldn't actually eat it.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe

and if you saw what I did

What did you do, prey tell?

Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

I think he meant "...and if you saw what I saw..."

Comment

Imagine a bakery where noone washed their hands or cleaned the equipment they've touched after being gacked up with dough, flour, dust etc. Now imagine this after years of buildup.

I worked for a service center who did their design and repair work and saw this first hand. It's no wonder they've to file chapter 11.
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Make my own stuff. I have a bread baking/dough mixing machine and control exactly what goes in and comes out, right down to hot dog and hamburger buns.

Dr. Mordrid
                    Dr. Mordrid
                    ----------------------------
                    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Glad I don't eat Twinkies..

Wonder Bread really gunks up your innards, too. It really isn't carbs that are so bad for you, but these ultra-refined products, which do terrible things to your body chemistry.

Comment

Working...
                      X