Stupid Sims 2 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Sims 2 issues

I've got an R9200 and DX 9c, and can't get the Sims 2 to run for the life of me. I'm getting the same error as these guys:

From the Sims2 site:

If you are receiving a Direct X error when installing, please first check that your video card is compatible by checking the system specs here:

Make sure your video card drivers are up to date:

If your card is compatible, you may have a faulty installation of DirectX. To reinstall DirectX follow these instructions:

Also make sure that all background programs are disabled, as well as virus software and programs like spybot.

Instructions to disable background programs:
    To end background processes in Windows 98/ME:

Press and hold Ctrl, Alt and Delete, then release the keys. This will in turn bring up a window called "Close Programs".
    The only two applications that you want listed here before running or installing the game are "explorer" and "systray". Close all other programs by double-clicking on them.
    You will need to repeat this process after closing each application. Some applications may take multiple times before closing.

To end background processes in Windows XP:

Press and hold Ctrl, Alt and Delete, then release the keys.
    Choose to bring up the Task Manager (if it is not automatic).
    Click on the Processes tab.
    Click on the column heading called User Name (this will organize the list).
    Now check for your user name or the word owner in the User Name list.
    For every item next to that name (EXCEPT FOR EXPLORER.EXE and TASKMGR.EXE) click on it, click on End Process, and then click on Yes.
    When only EXPLORER.EXE and TASKMGR.EXE are left next to your user name, close the window.
    Sorry I just cnp'd. So what is the error and what resolution are you running at?
    Last edited by Paddy; 21 September 2004, 22:46.
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

i'm running @ 1152. I tried different refresh rates.

I saw that page before as well. This is a real bummer.

Comment

They also suggest changing the colour depth?
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Yeah, tried that.

Comment

Working...
          X