G400+ powerdesk problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400+ powerdesk problems

I'm currently running a shuttle SN45G with Matrox G400 and have the following problems:

1) How hot do these cards get as the heatsink of mine even with the case off is too hot to touch with the back of your hand?

2) I can't get DVDmax to work properly. Whenever i enable it and then play a video file i get a green screen on the TV.

3) how do i make the TV the primary display and my Monitor the secondary?

4) how do i turn of vsync ad unlike with my radeon there are no direct3d or openGL options in display properties>advanced?

5) if i select extend desktop onto the secondary display and play a movies on it, it uses 100% CPU.

This is my main media PC and i really need help with this problems.

1.) hot, but as long as you don't get any artifacts or crashes it's within operating limits

2.) do you have busmastering enabled, as well as proper installation of the motherboard chipset drivers (specifically AGP GART driver?)

3.) use DH Multi Display mode (indepedant displays) and make the tv primary in display properties. Not that I can think of any good reason you want to do this

4.) use MTSTU (downloadable from Matrox' site)

5.) it isn't using overlay, but will blit the video in software. Hence the cpu load. Use DVDMAX instead.

Comment

1) ok i'll put the lid of my case back on now.

2) yes busmastering is enabled and my nforce drivers are installed correctly.

3) I've got it set to use dualhead multidisplay and set on use seperate resolutions etc.. there is no option to make to the TV the primary display. This is a requirement for using Reclock so properly sync dvd and divx/xivd files t the correct frame rate.

4) cheers for that utill.

5) so with dvdmax i'll be able to use my monitor to surf and my TV to watch video?

Comment

as for 3)
        you can also use DH Clone + optimise for speed, which will sync the primary head to the tv-out, so you can get good results with reclock in DVDMAX.

5) yes, not to mention that video on tv with dvdmax looks tons better than when playing in clone or multi display to tv

Comment

damn it, DVDMax still won't work its not really green as such now but a multitude of different colours.

Clone works from so why won't DVDMax?

Anyhow a more pressing problem is to be able to use powerdesk on my Yoper Linux box. it wont run saying that the file its asked for and the one i've give it is not a valid configureation file.

Comment

ah but powerdesk in linux won't help you much at all.

Use DirectFB + mplayer with dfbmga for video output in linux

Comment

So are you trying to do this in Windows or Linux ? I'm confused
              Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
              MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
              Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
              Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

sorry this thread is for my problems in Windows XP Pro service pack2, I started a different thread for the linux stuff.

I have a couple of boxes and a g400 and a g400max. Add to that that one of my boxes dual boots.

but this thread is for windows

Comment

Working...
                X