Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow Ops Red Mercury in Surround

Hello ...

In the UK Shadow Ops Red Mercury is due for release on 01/10/2004 ... and about the same time in the US.
    Until then get the DEMO here ... ... http://www.3dgamers.com/games/shadowops/

To get it going in Surround ...

- find the ... RM.ini in the
    - under the heading

[WinDrv.WindowsClient]

change the lines

FullscreenViewportX=640
    FullscreenViewportY=480

to

FullscreenViewportX=3072
    FullscreenViewportY=768

- In the User.ini in your My Documents\Shadow Ops Profiles\DEMO ...
    - I'm assuming that when the actual game is released ... these changes will be made to the same file but in the PLAYER folder.

... change these lines to read ...

[Engine.PlayerController]
    DesiredFOV=138.000000
    DefaultFOV=138.000000

As the game starts up I get some odd flickering for the logo vids ... just press space to skip them.
    Also you can change the HUD size in the options ... although it isn't perfect you can get to see a little more of it.
    Play the game ...

EDIT : There is a small issue with the weapons display info in the HUD (right hand side)...
    i.e.. the info is not showing up in the box at all ... but hey-ho ... you can see what weapon you are carrying ! ...

Also the weapons appear a little big but it is only a minor thing as they are mostly on the right hand screen ... the ... bSmallWeapons=True ... command for reducing the size of the weapons isn't working ... may be it will in the full game.

Some screenshots ...

Last edited by Paddy the wak; 21 September 2004, 07:46.
    My Systems :
    Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

P4 3.2GHz - ABIT IC7-G – Matrox Parhelia 128 8x AGP - 2GB 3200 DDR
    480W Whisper Quiet PS - 2 x 160 GB HD - 3 x 19” Viewsonic TFT’s 3840x1024
    Surround Gaming - The way it's meant to be played

Apparently this game will have FULLY optimised amd 64 bit version available on release...windowx XP 64 bit beta required

So who has a spare amd 64?

Comment

Actually there is a 64 bit patch on the retail dvd for this game.
      2 x Opteron 270 • Tyan K8WE • 8Gb Kingston HyperX • 2 x BFG 7900GTX SLI • Matrox TH2G • Areca SATA RAID • 4 x WD RaptorX RAID6 • Creative X-FI Elite Pro • Klipsch 5.1 Ultra • PC P&C 1KW PSU • 3 x Samsung 19" LCD • The System is Fully Water Cooled

Comment

Working...
      X