MSP to TMPGEnc How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSP to TMPGEnc How?

Hi, I have a G400-TV and MSP 5.2. I recently became interested in putting some movies on VCD or SVCD. In reading here I found that if I back graded my VT and DD I could add the Flying Dutchman YUY2 patch and capture with AVI_IO and compress with Huffyuv, encode with TMPGEnc and take long captures to CD in CD creator (as data couldn't get VCD option to work). My question is that I would like to edit these captures in MSP 5.2, adding transitions titles etc. But when I save the my work in MSP the extension is no longer an avi. TMPGEnc is not happy about that. How can I make this happen? Do I have to output the edited project to tape from the timeline and then recapture with the effects etc. already in place, then take it to TMPGEnc? It seems that I would be recompressing the origional footage. Since this is being done with S video connections I think I would loose quality here. Are there other ways to prep my MSP work for TMPGEnc? Am I missing something that should be obvious? Thanks Leslie
    Bhanga

How about adding the *.avi extension manually when you name the file? This assuming you're using HuffYUV as the export codec....

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Hi Dr. Mordrid, I'll try that as soon as I get back home. I'm remote at the moment. Leslie
      Bhanga

Comment

You need to use create video command (to a new AVI file) rather than save.

Comment

Working...
        X