Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting video on the web Q?

Hello,

Has anyone put any video on the web? I have MSP 7 and access to Flash. I want to put three or four clips up (less than 5 minute each). Never done it before and thought I'd ask for advice on format, size, etc., before trying.

Thanks.

Jon

I'd go with either MPEG-1, Quicktime (Sorensen3 encoder) or WMV.

MPEG-1 and QT Sorensen3 (Q=25% is enough) has the advantage of compatability with Macs as well as PC's while WMV provides much better compression/quality.

Size really depends on how fast the connection is for the receiving comptuer. I'd put up two: one at a small frame size like 192x144 (depends on the encoder) for dialups and another at 320x200/240 for those with broadband.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 20 September 2004, 07:44.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I would never use it myself, but there is also Real, which is quite popular. Why wouldn't I use it? Because the software tends to be rather invasive and tries to take over the computer (I don't even have a Real reader, now). It does give a very good quality:file size ratio, though.

I use WMV now and I am told that MAC now has a reader for it.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Thanks, guys. I think I'll experiment with Quicktime and WMV.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
          I would never use it myself, but there is also Real, which is quite popular. Why wouldn't I use it? Because the software tends to be rather invasive and tries to take over the computer (I don't even have a Real reader, now). It does give a very good quality:file size ratio, though.

I use WMV now and I am told that MAC now has a reader for it.
          I have had good success with the realplayer alternative ( there is also a quicktime alternative), which was not invasive.

Download Real Alternative 2.0.2 : Real Alternative is enabling you to play RealMedia files without installing RealPlayer or RealOne Player
          We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Working...
          X