Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P650: 2 dvi outputs into 2 dvi connected LCD's, contrast adjustment disables?? Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P650: 2 dvi outputs into 2 dvi connected LCD's, contrast adjustment disables?? Why?

i have a P650 connected via dvi's to 2 LCD panels, one 21.3" samsung 213T and one 19" NEC 1920NX.

the 19" is connected to "B" and the contrast adjustment works. the 21.3" samsung's contrast adjustment does NOT work.

does anyone know why?

thanks!

That's ...because of your monitor. Some functions are disabled when you use DVI but work if you use the normal VGA plug. Nothing to do with your video card. I had the same with some Acer LCDs I used a while ago (1year ago?).

Comment

i'm getting a ColorVisioin Spyder Monitor Calibration device (model GEU 102) to calibrate my LCD monitors. i understand that windows xp can only have one profile (at any particular time) for BOTH LCD's which are used together as a screen 1 and screen 2. so only my main LCD can be properly calibrated.

how can i calibrate properly if my main screen (samsung 213T) has the contrast disabled when i use the dvi input?

Comment

Coloreal Visual on the driver disk? dont know if it will work, it does for me running 3 screens though.
        is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
        Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Even worse yet, NONE of the color adjustments work on any of the monitor's adjustment buttons (they are all grayed out). NONE of the Matrox tabs work either, even the tab that says it's for adjusting colors don't have any adjustments!

how does one adjust anything color related when one uses the P650 Matrox card? Completely baffling.

Comment

As borat mentioned.
            Coloreal.
            It comes bundled with Parhelia on the driver disk. I don't know if it's bundled with P650, but if it is, it needs to be installed (separate from the drivers).
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

i can't find it on my cd, which was horrible from the point of view that it didn't even have a menu, in order to choose what one would want to load or not. every other driver cd gives you the choice and a clear menu of what you are getting and what you want to load or not to your hard drive.

Comment

did you buy the OEM product? ie, bare card w/o box or extra bundle? ie, is the driver disk a burnt CD?
                "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Apparently, Matrox did not renew their contract with Coloreal, and are no longer distributing it with their cards. There are a number of threads on their forums about it.
                  All I can suggest is complaining to Matrox customer service (not tech support)(not likely to get you any results), or going direct to Coloreal and purchasing it.
                  Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

i bought my P650 directly from Matrox!

Comment

Originally posted by DualMonitors
                      i bought my P650 directly from Matrox!

Then you should talk to Matrox directly.

Wasn't that already suggested? Why YES it has!
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

This is the direct quote from Matrox to me:

"There are no options in Powerdesk to adjust color and contrast.

Due to Royalty issues, ColorReal was removed from the CD's and is no longer available. It can be purchased from them."

I am completely dumbfounded in the lack of help that answer provided. No word on what to do instead.

This is the thread should anyone want to read the thread:

Comment

They did tell you what you can do. You just didn't like the answer you got (not that I blame you).

Comment

who would find that answer to be acceptable? they have essentially increased the price of their cards by the cost of Coloreal!

Unbelievable! Anyone with any ideas? They won't connect me to any senior people in the company.

Comment

In order to cut costs and boost profits (and they need this most atm) Matrox cut the cord with Coloreal. It's that simple.

Now when there was a beta test program still running we BBz didn't like the idea of killing off features Power Desk offered for the likes of Coloreal's solution. Sure it allowed M to reduce staff, but in 20/20 hindsight the cost of promoting Coloreal is just another reason we didn't want a third party app replacing what knew and trusted. Now the features are simply not there. A loss for the end user in flexibility and to Matrox as it's just another nail in their coffin.

Now the choice is simple, either buy Coloreal or live with the limitations. Power whining about it here will solve nothing.
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X