Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can two PC share one printer via USb hub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can two PC share one printer via USb hub?

I've never done this before, but I have two PC's and one USB printer.

I could connect the printer to the one PC and share it, however when I loggon to my companies network using a VPN tunnel the workstation IP changes and cannot print.

So the other solution is to try a USB hub and connect both PC's to it as well as the printer, will that work?

Thanks,
    Elie

The printer must be shared from one computer and then you need to find it in the network on the other computer.

edit: When you login via VPN, what happens if you search for the printer via name?

Dave
    Last edited by Helevitia; 16 September 2004, 15:06.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Thanks Helevitia...

I found this link that explains everything

Cheers,
      Elie

Comment

A USB hub won't do it, but this will:

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Never ever conect 2 computers in any way with normal (A-A) USB cables, the result will be messy
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

thanks guys for the info, I will get my Boss to buy what agallag
            suggested.

Regards,
            Elie

Comment

Glad I could help
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
                Never ever conect 2 computers in any way with normal (A-A) USB cables, the result will be messy
                That's an understatmenet!
                The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                  Originally posted by Technoid
                  That's an understatmenet!
                  Yeah, but I try to keep the Doom and Gloom down
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
                    X